Enlistment

There was a light autumn breeze in the middle of October, where a young man, only aged 18, sat in the middle of the lawn of his front yard, reading his favourite book. When he went to go check his mail, he noticed a letter from the marine corps. The young man opened up the letter and started reading, "Congratulations, you recently have been enlisted into the IMC( International Marine Corps). You shall be in our boot camp for your training on Nov. 31. Don't be late." The young man, who is now going to be a recruit into the IMC was excited, but at the very same time, nervous about what he'd encounter in the marine corps. Then came the end of November, and the rookie was heading to the Marine's boot camp for orientation. There, he was put on a shuttle bus, filled with many other recruits heading to the camp's barber to get their heads shaved clean of any hair. "Ah, here comes the new bullet sponges, ready to go to war." Joked the barber, as he was shaving another person's hair. After everyone got their heads shaved, they went to the training grounds to meet their sergeant. "Attention all you rookies, now you meat bags are probably excited to fight for, and defend your beloved world from any means of treason. Don't be excited, for you'll be going through back-breaking work, fitness, and intense battle training diagnostics. This won't be easy, nor do we plan to. Understand?" shouted our sergeant. "Sir, yes sir" shouted the recruits. After training and were setting up our bunks after coming back from the cafeteria, over the intercom, the general was informing us about an attack to all major governments on Earth, "Attention all units and platoons, we may inform you that we have declared war on a clan of terrorists, threatening to overthrow all major governments, and plunge us all into anarchy."