chapter five

Shit.

I got myself into this. Tried to befriend this guy who seemed that he needed a friend, and he turned out not only to be emo, but a lunatic. The music downstairs is so loud that it's useless to think of screaming and I knew that one day I was going to regret not taking karate lessons when I was in High School. Today's that day, and I'm pinned by a possible killer.

"I'm not a bad person." Something changes in his expression, he knits his dark eyebrows together, but it's not angriness. His muscles relax and he takes a step back. "What did they tell you about me?"

"Who are they?" I play dumb. He moves his hand, locking the door and he pulls me with him when he walks backwards. He stops and lets me go again, leaving me to do whatever I want. He just wants to talk.

"Your ex-boyfriend." He says. "He probably knows about my disappearance after you gave me a ride. I bet he told you things that aren't true - like the one that went around for years, which I supposedly killed my parents."

"He didn't tell me anything."

"And how do you know about it?"

"About what?"

"About the rumour. I believe you know about it, because you're suddenly afraid of me. You think I killed my parents without even knowing me."

"I only overheard him talking about it... with your roommate. They were talking about you," I say, "They know you better than I do, I think."

His eyebrow twitches. He runs three fingers from his forehead, down to the bridge of his nose and when they meet his bottom lip, he pulls it and bites it. He looks frustrated, thinking, "They invented that rumour. It's not true. I didn't kill my parents. I even died that day with them."

I can see sadness behind his eyes but he doesn't fully show it. It breaks my heart to think he feels that he died that with his parents - all I can understand with that is that his hopes, happiness and dreams died when he lost his parents.

"Matty's kind of a jerk." I mumble in an apologetic tone.

"Kind of? Do you know, princess, what's like that in your birthday... your parents give you their car and you ride it for the first time and get yourselves in an accident? I was in coma for a year. Didn't graduate. I left the hospital and found out Matt was spreading this rumour. I stopped feeling shit long ago, so it never affected me emotionally." He explains, slowly, lowly, neutrally. "It did affect me socially."

"How did the accident happen?"

"I'll tell you if you please help me write the book. People need to know who I was."

Was?

"You want to be a writer. I want people to know me. This could benefit the both of us."

Harry's eyes are captivating, my neck's about to snap for staring at him for so long. He's so tall, taller than Matty. His bone structure are perfectly constructed and sharp. His eyes move from my eyes to something on my right and I look too, and notice he's staring at the book he gave me.

"You can take it with you. I'm not a fun person, anyways."

"I didn't say I'm coming with you." I say, "You scared me a while ago. Do you think I would come with you to somewhere I don't know?"

"I don't even know where I'm heading. I just make up my way as I drive. And believe me each stop I make is worth wasting a hell of a gasoline." He says.

"I don't know." I sound unsure.

"Have you ever known a thing?" He mocks.

"Your rude side is back."