Day Five (Part Four)!

Was I being paranoid? Yes. Yes I was. Was I over reacting? Nope. Not one bit.

The presence of the subtle smell of unfamiliar was pretty weird, to say the least. It was surprising, and it sparked my curiousity, which is not too hard either.

But what was perhaps more important was that it sparked my paranoid scaredy cat.... which is pretty hard considering the ice head that I am.

Don't. Freak. Out. I ordered my self calmly, repeating the same words in my mind over and over again, until I felt a hand grab the back of my head firmly. I winced, but....

What happened to the pain? I suddenly asked myself as I was pushed forwards like a toy.

I gasped as I lost my balance and turned to land on my back, my hands barely saving me from large doses of humiliation. I calmly looked up to see them.

Four boys, standing there like they were checking in on some wall, imagining how to put some naughty graffiti on it for the sake of the adrenal rush that came along with it. And they were glaring at me.

I squinted my eyes to focus on the faces of the quadruple, trying to recognise them against the glare of the sun.

Not helping, mother nature. Not helping.

I hurriedly got up to get a better chance at recognition, pushing my feet underneath me so that I was still a few feet away from the group glaring at me, giving me a two second window to recognise and consider an approach.

But the moment I recognised the boys, I sighed in helplessness. No chance, Wally.

As if he had voiced my thoughts, the largest boy stepped forward. "Give up before you humiliate yourself more, Wally." Conner declared, which immediately brought nods and murmurs of agreement from his companions: Charlie, Rick and Brian.

I was staring at the Barbarians: the elite gang of our college.