Day Three!

The curtains were a mess, the wallpaper was torn, but most of all, the cupboard was wide open!

I've gotta do something about it, I thought. Those monsters must be on the loose. They'd be killing people freely, all because of my carelessness. Wait, why didn't they already kill me? I was in their, mine, our room right in front of them. And I was still alive.

I was dozing off! Come on Wally, get a grip, you're already late. I got up and picked up my bag. I took my jacket and came out. I raced to the class.

In class, Danny winked at me, as if trying to say something. Then he made a sign of getting to our secret base. It's not secret at all, just a tree house on the school main tree, the principal says that he used to play in it when he was young. What's secret about it is that no one knows we are there. It's old, it can break, it had termites, poor old street dog can't possibly be there. Wrong. I come there everytime something happens. Remember I told you about closeness to trees? This was what I was talking about. I go in other trees too, and have a pretty good climbing practice. I almost know every forest in this region.  Anyways, in class, again a lesson about confidence. I know it sounds a little ungrateful to mention it so late, but Mr. Arnold is trying to raise my confidence or whatever. Of course he doesn't know anything that has been happening. We don't even bother to try and tell anyone. Who would believe? 

"And now, please welcome, Malissa Jones, A new student."

All eyes started at the door. Malissa Jones? What a sweet name!

Only one chance. Only one chance till anybody tells her I'm the street dog. One chance, to get a date for valentines day. Just two days to go.

Then she stepped in. Oh man what a chick! Beautiful blond hair, cool green eyes, hair in a ponytail. My over active imagination started. a beautiful cherry blossom background. A wave in her hair made the petals flow. "Any body care to show her around?"

I was back in the class. Malissa was standing beside Mr. Arnold. "No body? How about you, Wally?"

"Okay.....sure," I said hesitatingly.

One chance, I thought. Only one chance.

W were in the hall. I was showing her the girls gym. Shocking, isn't it? A new girl comes to college, I fall in love and instantly get a chance?

"So, where are you from?"

"I lived in georgia, my family got shifted, so now I'm here."

"Any idea of this place?"

"Nope. Why're you asking so many questions?"

"Aah, this is stupid, get to the point, what for valentines?"

"You wanna date me?"

"UM" I answered tensly"yeah"

"Alright, I was gonna ask you myself"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Yes" I jumped and punched the air.

After showing her all the important places, I asked her a question.

"Can I call you Mal?"

"Of course,"

"You are not mad at it, are you?"

"I kinda like it."

"Really?"

"Yes. Is this your first date?"

"Um, yeah"

"I don't see how no one has ever dated you? I mean....you're unique."

"Don't know, don't care, now that I have you."

"Yeah, right"

My first date, and it took no sweat!

We came to the class with a big smile on our faces.

After class, I went to the tree house. Checking that no one was seeing, I started to climb it. Danny takes the ladder. I don't like the ladder, or I don't want to use the ladder, so I climb without it. Its easy to climb tree. So many branches.

After climbing the whole tree to the top, I got in to find Danny and Lewy.

"Why is Lewy here?"

"He had his room ruined too, so did I, I thought that something was wrong, and we needed to be at a place where nobody could hear us talk."

"Mine also got ruined," I told them. Then in a whisper"Sort of"

"No way, was the cupboard open?"

"Yes"

"Oh man, we're dead toast"

I suddenly happened to look outside the window. There was some girl, her back was at me. Suddenly, her neck turned,...180°s!  starting at me!!!

I blinked and she was gone.

"Next one's a haunted spirit" I told them.

"How?" Danny asked.

"I just saw a girl turn her head 180 degrees."

"OOOKKAAAYYY. So what happened in the class? You know, with Malissa?"

"What?,"

"You can't hide it from me, you know."

"Oh, it's nothing."

"What is 'nothing'"

"Alright, it worked out. I've got a date for valentines."

"I knew it!!"

Lewy happens to have experienced a lot of dates. He had a lot of girlfriends. "Aahh, finally, you understand the importance of love" he said calmly.

"It's just a date!"

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone"

"No, really, it's just a date. One time." I lied again.

The rest of the day was just tooooo busy. We all cleaned our rooms. One question, why Lewy? Why him too? Only the two of us knew about it. Then why him?

I needed answers. Answers to some dangerous questions. I fell in my bed after cleaning my room.

I looked out of my window. There was a rugby game. So many people had come to see it. I looked in the audience. Suddenly, I saw a back, I recognized. The same girl I saw at the tree house? Head movement. In a moment I would know weither it was a ghost or human......