Inside the gates

I was nervous, my stomach kept flipping like I was on a roller coaster, that never seemed to let you off. I pack my suitcase, nervously chewing the inside of my lip. The time seemed to tick rather slowly which only seemed to make my nerves rattle more. I pace when finally a knock on the door makes me jump and I pull it open slowly, taking a deep breath.

"Scarlett Knile?" The women asks her hair tied tightly in a bun. I self consciously touch my long wild blonde hair and she smiles grimly at me.

 I self consciously touch my long wild blonde hair and she smiles grimly at me

"Yes" I say glancing down.

"Good, and luggage?" I nod toward the bed and she nods sharply.

"I shall gather them for you. A car awaits you outside."

I start out the door and glance at the house I would never see again nor did I ever want to. The car was white and had the crest of the Academy. A wolf and a lion in gold. I get in the car, the seats made of expensive black leather, each individual stitch the color of gold. The women gets in the car behind me and sighs.

"We shall be at the academy in a short time" she says before she says nothing else but looks out the window.

"Are you a werewolf?" I ask her and she giggles which shocks me.

"No I am a pixie" she says and the smile stays on her face.

I finally see the golden orbs flashing behind her faux blue eyes and the pointy ears that was cloaked by a spell. All the characteristics were coming into shape the more I looked. I smile as her skin flashes electric blue, wicked black spirals surrounding her golden eyes and arching up her forehead. Pixies were unnaturally beautiful, and some were even mischievous. Pixie's loved golden things so if you want a pixie on your side make sure the object is golden, they were suckers for treasure. Sure enough an expensive golden wolf necklace hung off her blue tinted neck.

"I love your necklace" I comment and she gushes.

"Thanks it was a gift from thee alpha" she says exaggerating the thee so I knew it was the head alpha.

" Really? Have you seen him?" I ask leaning forward.

"No silly, no ones that lucky. Rumor is he's gorgeous and carries quite a big package, if you know what I mean." She says waggling her eyebrows. I blush as scarlet as my name.

"I do" I say clearing my throat and looking away.

She giggles and says "But" she says drawling out the suspense. "He has one green eye and one deep red, they says he's blind in one of his eyes, and that a sick scar runs through it." I nod I had heard those rumors too. I would give anything to see just a glance of him, already with his background I felt a strong connection. My heart pounded as the gates open to the Academy and my nerves spike even higher.

"Breathe" the pixie says taking deep soothing breaths. I smile apologetically and breathe smoothly.

"Good now lets go." She says suddenly becoming very business like so I followed suit and show no emotion on my face.

A rather tall man steps out, he was indeed gorgeous but I knew he was just a common alpha.

"Kyas" the pixie says and he bows his head elegantly down at her

"Sarantine" he says then turns his smoldering green eyes on me.

"I will be your professor because you are the only freshman right now, no more students have been selected." He says studying me closely.

"Why?" I ask and he shrugs

"You were accepted later then normal."

The head alpha's P.OV. :

I stare down at her, her hair the color of buttermilk. Her eyes the color of the loveliest shade of blue. I snarl what was I thinking I had a mate, only one, and I'll never take another as long as I'm alive and breathing. Her long blonde curls bounced as her shoulders shook with laughter. She was delicate, I could see that. And just the sight of her standing near Kyas made me angry. Then I shrug it off, why should I be angry she could talk to whomever she pleased, she was not my business. I let the blinds snap shut and I turn back to my desk, at the top of the Academy, in a secret room. No one shall ever find.

Returning P.O.V:

"We have standard uniforms that must be worn at all times" Kyas says as we walk.

"Okay" I say.

"And dorms are separated but we do make an exception for mates." I nod, wasn't going to be a problem for me I doubt I was going to find a mate.

The Academy was huge and even had an attic that arched up dramatically. The inside was entirely made out of sleek white marble including the winding stairway. Paintings hung on the wall each showing generations of gorgeous alphas but none showed the head alpha. It was oddly quiet for an Academy but soon I heard the aggressive snarls of the male wolves as we drew near to a narrow archway.

"After you" Kyas says and I step through being greeted by hundreds of werewolves. There were some sitting, standing, eating, fighting, and a lot of socializing. Groups sat clumped together and you could see were the tension lied. In a corner two angry boys were brawling over a bench that out looked the window, obviously fighting over more territory.

"Everyone here earns nicknames" Kyas says.

"Will I get one?" I ask.

"You have to earn it" he says before growling at the territorial males and they back away, sending venomous glares to the other.

"How do I do that?" I ask and he smiles.

"You'll find out soon enough" he says and I fear that smile.

"Alright trainees, we got a newbie in the house lets show her the ropes. Stealth and Wolf hop up here" he says and two men descend in front of us.