Chapter 5 - A New Experiment

Becca's POV

I yawned heavily and sat up, rubbing sleep from my eyes. Even though these were Minecraft beds, they were still comfortable!

I swung my legs off the bed and stood up, stretching and wincing at the bones-popping sound.

I left the room and hopped down the stairs to the second floor. Nick was talking to AK about finishing the machine gun nest on my floor.

I ran up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and smirked. "Hey, Becca! How you doing?"

I shrugged and pulled the book and pen from my pocket.

'Not doing too great. I'm scared for my friends. And my sister.'

"Oh, I've been meaning to ask you that. How the heck did you get here like that?"

'It's...complicated. Red somehow was able to connect our dimensions and he pulled me, my sister, my boyfriend, and my closest friend in with him. I was able to just barely escape, but Red still has my sister and friends. And...since our real bodies are here...I...we'll die completely.'

I raked my hand through my hair as he read it, frowning all the while.

"Do...you know how he did it?"

I put on my thinking face. 'Well, the first time I came here, I had my phone. He took it when he captured us. I was at school when I got called by my own number. I answered it, Red said "I'm back", and then a portal opened. I think that by calling my number...he connected our dimensions.'

AK looked skeptical and whispered something to Nick.

Nick grimaced. "Um...s-sure." He looked towards me and frowned.

I sighed. I knew what he told Nick.

...Ugh. This is gonna make it tougher to get them to Red.

HAHA. ALREADY THINKING LIKE A TRAITOR.

Like I have a flipping choice!

I grimaced and turned away, walking fast down the stairs.

I pulled open the door to the outside and left. I needed to clear my head.

I sidled through the barb wires and walked away, my thoughts racing.

I walked for so long that when I became aware of my surroundings, I realized that I was in front of Louis's building.

Slowly, I entered the building and walked up the stairs.

When I reached Louis's floor, I paused. Someone was here. I could sense them.

I prepared myself for a fight and crept through the doorway.

There was a man in a ghilly suit. I saw some black hairs poking through. His back was turned, but he quickly turned around when I entered.

I gasped.

That's not possible.

He's dead.

He died.

...Louis?

Nick's POV

"...You're not gonna like this, Nick, but we'll have to be wary of her. Especially after last time."

I grimaced and replied, "Um...s-sure."

I looked towards Becca and frowned.

Her eyes went unfocused for a second before she grimaced and ran from the building. I ran to the window to see her sidle through the wire and walk away.