Chapter 11 - Set In Motion

Lucille's POV

I grimaced.

The plan's being set in motion. ...And all I can do is watch. Why the heck am  I even here?

Becca wrote in her book and handed it to me.

'You ok? What's wrong?'

I sighed. It's just...I know what's happening right now. What's going to happen. The fact that I'm here means that things are already being set in motion.

Becca sighed and wrote in a page of her book before tearing it out and handing it to me.

'I don't want to do this. I love them too much. I just...I can't!'

I know...I don't want this either. Or..I do? I don't know. Being the author and the character is super confusing.

Becca giggled.

I smirked and made the paper disappear.

'Why can't you just...I don't know, destroy Red and Keona?'

'Cause that would make the plotline end too soon.

I looked around to see the DRM gang chatting and looking around, admiring all the sites. Shark, AK, and Uni were talking and pointing at a map in Uni's hand.

'Hey. Where's Nick? Our Nick.'

I pondered then stiffened. Oh my God, you've got to be kidding me....

Becca gave me a questioning look.

I...I shouldn't tell you. I'm...I'm gonna go hang by myself for a while....

Becca frowned as I disappeared.

I reappeared in a white plain. pure white everywhere.

What have I done...?

Nick's POV

I fingered my gun nervously.  I had gone alone to the construction site to loot and...maybe something to enlighten us about Becca's situation.

It wasn't that I didn't trust her.  She'd obviously been through a lot.  It was that in this current situation...she was acting off.  I didn't know her for long, but I'd gotten her personality enough to know she didn't act like that.  She seemed too tense.

I arrived at the site.  I looked around and saw some zombies in the distance.  They seemed distracted, though, so I should be fine.

I walked around the area we found Becca in.  There were some footprints.  They were shaped a lot like Becca's shoes.

I followed the prints around until I came upon a small mound behind some metal beams.  I never would have thought to look here for anything.

I uncovered the mound to see strips of paper.  They were torn rigidly, so if this is Becca's, she had torn them fast.

I pulled out all the paper and looked around.  There were some more footprints leading to a hidden indent in the rubble.

I walked over and bent down, uncovering the mound.  What I assumed was the rest of the paper was there.

I took them out and walked over to the crane.  I put the papers in my pocket and climbed to the cab of the crane.

Once in there, I closed the door and sat on the floor.  I spread out the pieces of paper and put them together as best I could.  Some of the words were smudged out due to being buried.  I began reading it.

Italic-Nick can read it  Bold-smudged out for him, so he was unable to read it

Becca, destroy these pages when you finish reading it.

This is Author. I'm an alter ego of Keona's. I'm the more...helpful one. Keona fell asleep, so I had taken over to write this.

I'm gonna try to help you out a bit. I can tell from the way you reacted about your friends that your mission is going to be emotionally hard.

Insanity agrees, as well. And so does Keona.

Well...first things first. You know where you need to go. If you don't remember, it's the building that Jordan got exploded in.

We have our ways of watching you, so...be warned. Your friends' and sister's lives are in our hands.

And finally...Minekea. You'll understand.

Well...best of luck to you on your mission! I've left this pen in the back of the book so that you can communicate with them.

You're a really good actor. Red told Keona. Use that to your advantage.

Sincerely,

Author

...I was speechless.

Becca had been sent to get us.

Who was Keona?

Why was Red working for her?

Who the heck was Insanity and Author?

???'s POV

I watched as the man called Nick read the papers, shock written all over his face.

I inserted my zoom x6 into the sniper rifle to get a closer look at the paper.

I snarled harshly when I saw the words Keona, Author, and Insanity.

I stood up and placed my rifle onto my back before walking towards the exit door back into the building.

Father always favored you.

Preferred you.

LOVED YOU.

And what did he do with me?

Threw me out.

Said that I didn't belong.

Said my love to kill was ruining his "experiments".

Said I should be like you.

Love your "experiments".

Not kill constantly.

You know what father?

I'm not Keona, and I never will be.

I will forever and always be...POSSESSED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D

-Becca  <3