Chapter 10 - Family And Friends

Caleb's POV  (Cuz why not write in the POV of a 5-year-old in the middle of a disaster?  :D  This is gonna be interestingly hard.)

Daddy was holding my hand really tight.  He said we had to run from the Minecraft blocks.  I really wanted to touch it and play with it.  I love Minecraft!

Daddy had gotten out of our car a while ago.  I think he said something about no gas.  I really hope he doesn't mean his gas because his gas is smelly.

My legs were starting to get really tired from running.

"Daddy?  Can you hold me?"

He looked down at me.  "I'm sorry, Caleb.  I can't.  We must stay ahead of this stuff."

I got a little mad.  "It's Minecraft blocks, Daddy!"

He smiled and kept walking fast.  I almost had to run to keep up.  Him and Becca always walk so fast.  So does papa.

"Where are we going?"  I ask Daddy.

"We're stopping by a Wal-Mart to get some food and a bag to carry stuff in."

I smiled.  "Yay, food!"

Daddy laughed a little and turned a corner.  I saw the Wal-Mart.

It was so empty.  That was really weird.  Wal-Mart always has a million people in it all the time.

We walked inside.  The inside was a mess.  Carts were everywhere and things were all over the ground.

Daddy stepped around the mess and started walking to the part of Wal-Mart that had a lot of backpacks.

Once we got there, he let go of my hand and started looking at the backpacks.

I saw a backpack with Kirby on it.

"Daddy?  Can we get dis backpack for Becca?"

Daddy came over.  "Becca's missing right now, Caleb.  We can use this backpack, though."

I smiled.  If we ever found Becca, she would be super happy.  I really hope she's ok.

Rachel's POV

Pain.  So much pain.

I opened my eyes to see half of Jane's face.

Why can't I se-----oh....  Yea....

I'm half blind now.

I reached up for Jane's face and touched it.  She looked down at me.

"RACHEL!  You're ok!  Thank God!"  She cried happily.

Painfully, I sat up and held my left eye place.  "Owwwwww...."  I moaned.

Jane frowned.  "We should probably cover that with something...."

I nodded and traced my little hands down my face.  There were two long bumps on both sides of my face.

"Becca's not going to like this...."  I said quietly.

Red's POV

I studied the small eyepatch (I'm pretty sure eyepatch is a word, computer....) in my hand.  I had crafted it from bits of black material I've found.  I just hoped that it was the right size....

Back to Rachel's POV

I got bored, so I turned to Jane and said, "Can you sing?"