Chapter 15 -Red's Regrets

Red's POV

Yeesh.  AK just threw me in a corner away from Becca, said don't move, and left.

I glanced over at Becca and frowned.

Was that...dried blood on her mouth?  What the heck did she do?  Also, that hoodie dude I saw outside was sitting in front of her, seemingly lost in thought.

I looked at the doorway then stood up, walking over next to Becca and sitting back down.

"Is she ok?"  I asked.

The hoodie man jumped a little before looking at me and frowning.  "Why would you care?"

I winced.  I couldn't tell him.  Kam's life depended on me keeping it a secret.  "...Can't a man be curious?"  I settled with that.

Becca suddenly coughed harshly, causing both of us to jump back.

She turned her head away from us and threw up some blood on the ground.

"Woly Jesus!"  I exclaimed.

Once she finished, she shuddered and opened her eyes, looking at us.

She pulled at her cuffs a bit before stopping and shuddering again.  She looked towards the hooded man and mouthed something.

"Nick?"  He asked.

She nodded.

He sighed and stood up, giving me a don't-touch-her look before walking out the doorway.

Becca looked at me and mouthed something.

"Why...am I...here?"  I guessed.

She nodded.

I smiled sheepishly.  "Ahh...I kinda screwed up a scouting mission....  Yeaaa...not too proud of that."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Red, get away from her."  Nick's voice growled.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.  I sighed and scooted a little bit away from her, sitting back against the glass wall that was near her.

Nick sighed heavily and crouched down in front of Becca.  "Becca, is there something you're not telling us?"

I winced slightly.  Aaaaaand they found out, too.  Great, now all our friends are gonna die.

Becca flinched and looked away.

Nick placed a hand on her cheek and forced her to look at him.

"Becca...."

She looked down.  She nodded slowly, a tear falling down her face.

My heart broke a little at the sight.  It reminded me of Lalia whenever she came home crying because of a bully.

Lalia.

I hadn't thought about her in a while.

I missed her.

I looked back at the doorway to see the rest of the gang and the hooded guy, a guy with a...rainbow-bodied dinosaur on his shirt?  Weird.  And a different dude in sunglasses with a tux.

AK was staring at me angrily.  I smirked a little.  What was he gonna do, shoot me?  Nick wouldn't allow that...for now, anyways.

I looked back to see Nick pull out a bunch of scraps of paper and swiftly arrange them.  Becca was biting her lip slightly.

Once Nick finished arranging them, he unhandcuffed Becca and tossed a book to her.  She caught it and wiped the blood off her mouth and the tears off her face.