Chapter 10

Eliza's POV (2 weeks later, in science class)-

Lenny had barely signed two words to me since the day he told me to leave his house. I texted him a few times trying to get him to tell me what's wrong but he never answered. Luckily, Derek hadn't tried to contact me either. We had broken up before, but this time I think it's for good. I'm sad it's over, I really loved Derek. I just think we grew apart. I was drawing in an old notebook while Mr. Pierce was giving a lecture in science class. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around and saw Lenny looking at me. He waved his hands and then started signing.

"I know you can't understand what I'm saying because you haven't learnt this far in sign. I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry and I just want to be friends again."

Lenny thought I couldn't understand what he was saying because the words were hard and he signed fast. I haven't told him my mom got me a sign language tutor and I understood what he was saying. I want to mess with him though. I signed back in response,

"Want did you say? I couldn't understand."

Lenny looked at me with questioning eyes and signed back slowly, "Can you ask if I can go to the bathroom?"

I nodded and right as I was about to raise my hand the bell rang to signal switching classes. Lenny got up quick and started down the hallway. I chased after him and grabbed his arm, pulling him into an empty classroom. He looked around and tried to get away, but I have an iron grip. Once we were alone in the classroom I signed,

"I need to talk to you."

Lenny shook his head and signed back, "I have class and so do you."

"We are skipping. Let's go."

Before Lenny could protest I pull him out of the room, heading down the hallway towards the schools side doors. I could feel Lenny trying to pull away but I didn't look back. Once we are out of the school I walk up to my car. Lenny's trying to pull away but I have an iron grip. I open my car and point at the door and luckily Lenny got in without a problem. I got into the car and started driving towards a small park near my house. Once we got to the park I parked my car and turned towards Lenny.

I signed, "You're going to tell me why your mad at me and explain your behavior."

Lenny took out his phone and started to unlock it. I quickly grabbed his phone and put it in my back pocket.

"No texting" I signed"Only signing."

Lenny shock his head in anger and open the door and got out of my car. I got out swiftly and followed after Lenny as he walked into the park. It was a the middle of the school and work day, so the park was empty other than some kids smoking and a few old people admiring nature. Lenny walked towards a overhang with benches underneath and sat down. I sat down in front of him and he rubbed his hands on his temples. I looked at him and he raised his hands to start signing.

--------------------
AUTHORS NOTE:
will try and update more often. school and stuff out side of school is getting stressful but I will work to update more!!

xoxo<3