Chapter 5

It's been three days and I already know my class schedule. I take three classes with Lottie and Rick. Two with Nate, Amber and Kelly and we all take gym together. Also I been thinking of Lottie. I already told Ben about the situation through text. He said I'll get over it and move on.

For me, it's impossible to do that, considering that she's my next door neighbor and everyday I see her with Kelly. I get jealous. For the past three days, I saw how Kelly treats her. She yells at her, insults her, even criticize her for her shape and size. I don't understand how Lottie is able to put up with that crap. I also don't understand why Lottie is trying to convince everyone that Kelly is a nice person. I guess she's blindly in love with her.

At least I know Amber and Rick are nice to her. But not nice enough to put a stop to Kelly's actions. Some times she makes me so pissed with everything that involves Lottie.

I also been hanging out with Nate. It's weird to think a punk and a nerd can be friends. As Nate and I walked out of science, our class of the day, I noticed Lottie is struggling carrying some books.

"Talk to you tomorrow Nate." I waved goodbye and rushed to Lottie."Hey." I smiled.

"Hi."

"Need some help?"

She nodded and handed me the books. "Gosh! That's heavy." she sighs.

"So, where's Kelly?"

"She had to leave early." I nodded while we walked to her locker. She put in the combination and opened it. She puts away papers and books and close the locker. "Thanks." She smiled.

"You're welcome cutie." she blushed lightly and smiled shyly. "You know, if you want, we could ride together. Since we live next to each other."

"Sure." We exit the school building. We enter the parking lot. "Where's your car?" she asked.

"Oh, I kind of take the bus till I get my own ride." I laugh nervously. She responded with a soft smile.

The bus came pretty quick. We both got in and sat all the way back. We talked, shared laughs during the ride back home. Turns out we have a lot things in common.

The bus stopped. Lottie and I step out and headed to my house. To do homework of course.

****

We finally finished our homework. I'm glad I share math with her, cause I'm terrible at it. "So do you want anything?" I asked as I walk to the kitchen.

"Just water."

I grabbed myself a can of Sprite and a bottled water. "Here." I handed her the bottle.

"Thanks." she smiled.

"So I was wondering, if we could hang out tomorrow night."

"Can't, I got movie night with Kelly." She took a sip of the bottle.

"Ok then, how about Saturday?" I drink my Sprite.

"Going to the mall with Kelly."

"Sunday?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe, if Kelly isn't doing anything."

"Don't tell me you have to go everywhere where Kelly goes." I rolled my eyes.

She looked down. "Actually, I do."

"Why?"

"Because she saids so." She said with a disappointing voice and without making eye contact with me.

"You don't have to do everything she tells you."

"Yes, I do." she growled.

"But why?"

"Because I have to! Ok?" She slat. My eyes grew huge in shock. Who knew she could have such an attitude? Next thing I know, she grabbed her stuff and stormed out. Slamming the door shut.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked so many questions about her love life, but the curiosity was killing me. How can someone as good as Lottie be with someone as possessive as Kelly? She deserves someone better. Someone who will love her no matter what. Love for her personality, beauty shape, size and her flower crown.