Chapter 6

I walked to the side walk, to wait for the bus of course. Lottie was waiting in the same spot as always. I didn't say 'good morning' or anything. Figuring she's still mad at me.

"Good morning Hayley." I turn my head to see a smiling Lottie.

"Morning." I smiled back.

"Sorry for storming out yesterday."

"No, I should be sorry. I shouldn't have asked you all those questions." She smiled and the bus came. "You coming?"

"Oh no, I'm waiting for Kelly."

I nodded and got into the back of the bus.

****

I came out from the locker room. Everybody was ready for another volleyball game. "Hayley!" Rick waved his arms, telling me to join in the team.

"Hayley, you and me in the back and you two in the front." Kelly ordered with a slightly pissed look. Everyone nodded even I. We got into positions. It was six against four. I looked around. Where's Lottie?

"Miss Lugo! Is Miss Foster thinking of appearing to the game?" The teacher yelled.

"She's not feeling well, she won't be playing today." Kelly responded.

"But she looked perfectly well this morning." I narrowed my eyes to Kelly.

"Not anymore."

"Mr.Ashton! Go to the other team." Soon Clyde came and joined our team. He went to the back with me and Kelly.

*****

We won the game with 3-1. Everybody went to the locker room. I changed into my red skinny jeans, black 'Aerosmith' shirt and white converse. I went out and walked through the hall to my locker. As I walk pass the janitor's closet, I heard some noises. I got closer to the door and all I could hear was sobs.

Was it a kid who was a victim of bullying?

Or someone who just got their hearts broken?

Either way, it wasn't my problem. I don't wanna get in other peoples problems and get involved in drama.

The bell rang. Shit! I didn't grabbed my books. Oh well. As I start to walk away from the janitor's closet, I heard the door creak. I turn my head. Lottie came out, whipping her tears with her hands. Her eyes were all red and puffy. She blew her nose into a napkin and walked away.

Why was she crying? Does Kelly have to do with this?

Of course she does! She's the one who treats her like crap.

Seeing Lottie cry was really heartbreaking for me. Enough is enough. I'm not going to let anyone hurt her anymore. Not even her bitch of a girlfriend. I need to know what's going on.