Chapter 9

~*Special chapter*~

This chapter is on Charlotte's point of view. (Lottie) Just wanted to make it different because I love you. :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I gave Kelly a small smile which she kindly returned before we made our way to the front door to Nate's party.

There were a few people scattered on the front lawn with cigarettes between their fingers and although the sky was dark, I could could make out the puffs of smoke encircling them in the chilly air.

I could tell most of the people were inside and by the amount of cars littering the street were a lot. Nate's house wasn't large by any means, it was two stories and didn't extend far back.

Once we stepped inside my nose was met with the sickening smell of cigarettes, sweat, musty cologne and strong alcohol. The room was visibly cloudy and every time I turned my head, I was met with a new person's back. The sound of people's laughter and mindless chatter was drowned out by the music that was causing my ears ring.

"Let's get you out of this crowd to the kitchen."

I could just make out her words over the music and gave her my best nod. Kelly lead me through the sea of people, pushing some out of the way since they didn't move.

The kitchen was fortunately less crowded. Kelly's hand releasing mine to grab a red plastic cup.

"Would you like something?" She joked, holding the cup up to me. She quickly pulled it down and laughed, filling the cup with dark beer. I don't understand why she has the to drink at the age of eighteen.

"Well, look who made it." A voice beamed behind me and Kelly. We both turned around to see Rick and Amber. Rick was wearing a blue dress shirt and jeans. Amber was wearing a white mini dress. That's when I realized I wasn't really dress for the occasion, being in my grey oversized sweater and jeans.

"Hey have either of you seen Nate?" Amber asked, sounding a bit drunk.

"No, we just got here." I shrugged.

"I think I saw him in the living room." said Rick.

"Well, I'll go ahead to find him." Before I knew it, I was being tugged back out into the crowded space of what I identified the living room. Kelly stopped when a voice called her name from the crowd. She held her head high, her eyes narrowed as she glazed around, her lips curving up into a smile once she stopped.

"Chloe!" She cheered, walking further through the sea of people, dragging me along with her.

"Kelly." Chloe mimicked, a smile etched on her lips as her face came into a clear view.

It was funny seeing Kelly and Chloe next to each other, Kelly's height so much greater than her friends.

"Long time no see."

"Yeah I know it's been a while." Kelly nodded, her smile never leaving.

"How's senior year been treating you?"

"Good so far." Then she turned to me. She had a puzzling look on her face. "This is Charlotte. My girlfriend, remember?" Kelly asked.

"Oh yeah! Lottie." Chloe smiled. "You're the one with the flower crown." I nodded. Chloe went back talking to Kelly about some old memory and it the midst of it all I spaced out, my eyes more interested on the group of teenagers surrounding us.

My daze was cut short when my eyes landed on a familiar girl. It was Hayley. I couldn't help but to admire her beauty. She's definitely not what I expected from a punk.