Chapter 12

The week pasted by a blur. Lottie gave me the cold shoulder during that time and Clyde couldn't take his fucking eyes away from me.

I was at home, watching Girl Code, while my parents went out to dinner. I didn't felt like going out. A knock on the door was heard. I get off the couch in a lazy matter. As I opened, the figures of Lottie's parents showed up.

''Hi Mr. and Mrs. Foster.'' I smiled softly at them.

''Hello Hayley.'' said Mr. Foster sweetly.

''What can I do for you?''

''We were wondering, if you could keep Charlotte company while we go out.''

I gave them a confused look. ''Ummm... Sure.''

''Thanks. I know it's weird to ask you to keep an eye on her, but she's been strange lately and we're really worried about her.'' said Oscar worried.

''Don't worry, I'll be right over.''

''Thanks.'' They smiled and walked off. I rush to my room to pick out a shirt, since I was only wearing a sports bra.

I walked to her front door. I didn't have to knock because the door was already open. I closed the door behind me. I looked around. She wasn't in the living room, or the kitchen or in the backyard.

I went up stairs. Maybe she was in her room. I checked in the big master bedroom. This must be her parents room. It didn't take long to noticed a light coming out through a mint green door covered with flowers and a pink C on it. I approached to the door slowly.

I was about to knock, until I heard her spoke. "No Amber, I don't like her like that... I know she's hot and nice but, no just no..." I peeped through the door. She was talking on the phone. "Ok, I admit she makes me smile and I love it when she flirts with me, but that doesn't mean anything!..." Is she talking about me?
"Amber! For the last time, I do not have a crush on Hayley!" She hanged up and trowed the phone into the bed. I see she's coming to the door. I back away. She opened the door. Her face went blank, like I caught her doing something she wasn't suppose to do. "Ummm... How long you were here?"

"I just got here." I lied.

"Well, you can leave, I don't need a babysitter."

"I agree, but your parents are worried about you and so am I." She bites her cheek. Her cheek blushed in a light shade of pink. "Wanna watch a movie? We'll watch anything you wanna watch."

"Anything?" I nodded. She turned off the light of her room and headed to the stairs. I followed her. We went to the living room. She opened some cabinets under the tv. Pulled out a couple of DVDs. "This!" she showed me the DVD with the name 'A Cinderella Story'.

****

While watching the movie, it began to rain. It was no surprise since I saw the report on the news. Suddenly, a load thud was heard. The report did NOT said anything about lighting or thunder. That's why I have trust issues with the weather people.

Lottie jumped and squealed. Covering her ears. "Afraid of a little thunder?" I giggled.

"I'm not afraid. I just don't like the noise." A thud louder than before struck. Lottie squealed again and collide her body with mine. With her hands covering her ears.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her. "Hey, it's ok, I'm here."

She uncovered her ears and looked up to me."Is it over?"

"I guess." I stared at her in awe. Even with the light of the television, she looked gorgeous. I couldn't resist anymore. I slowly leaned forward and kissed her lips.

Her next movement took me by surprise. She licked my lower lip asking for entrance. l parted my lips and our tongues tangled together. She slowly wrapped her arms around my neck. My hands dropped in her waist and pulled her closer to my lap. She moan into the kiss.

I guess this is why she's been avoiding me. She feels the same thing as I do, but can't show it because she's with Kelly.

We pulled apart. She stared a me with those piercing green eyes. "You have to go."

"But Lottie, can't you see what's going on between us?"

"Hayley..."

"I know you feel the same way as I do, and I know you're unhappy with Kelly." I interrupted her.

"No I don't."

"Then why did you responded to the kiss?" I said in a harsh tone. No one kisses like that if it didn't mean anything.

"I got carried away by the moment." I couldn't believe it. We feel the same for each other, but she doesn't want to admit it.

I got up the couch and headed to the door. I slammed it slightly. I opened the door to my house. As I got in, my mom looked at me in relief. "Where have you been? I was about to call you."

"Don't wanna talk about it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author Note: Finally the weekend is here! I feel good now. Just a little sore in the throat, but good :)

For those who read 'All The Things She Said', I think I'm going to delete it. I'm sorry. I feel like the story is going nowhere and I have NO ideas for it.

Don't hate me.

Vote! Comment!

Love Gileny xoxo