Chapter 10

Harry's POV

"Lets just go home." I said to her. She slowly nodded moving my hand from her waist to intertwine with hers.

She must be heartbroken right now. The one she kept fighting for and stuck by this entire time ended up being the one to try and kill her. She trusted him. She believed that once she sees him they will be back together. I don't think she still understands he is the one to be guilty. I don't want to tell her. I just want her to move on. She doesn't deserve anymore traumatizing moments in her life. If only she would of forgotten about that fucking asshole, then she would of been happy, and maybe even happy with me. It's still not fair to her to not know who drowned her, but not knowing will never hurt anyone. If everyone knew everything then there is no mystery for us to create.

I am so lucky I was there. If I would of been a minute late who knows if the doctors could bring her back to life? We're lucky she only forgot some memories and not everything. But the sad part is, some of her best, most cherished thoughts are gone. Maybe in time they will come back. Most likely not. She doesn't seem frightened at the idea of not knowing or remembering who she was, she just seems curious.

I think I need to have another talk with George and Miranda. There are some things that don't seem to make any sense at all. Maybe I will go back? If they're still there. Who knows, maybe our encounter scared them off. Made them run like the fucking blokes they are. But if Adalaide knew where I wanted to go she would never let me, and I don't know if I could leave her here by herself.  

About an hour passes by and we are still walking on the same road we have been for what felt like days.

I turn my head to look over at her as we walk along the street in pitch black. I could still see the lighting thanks to the stars. But as the morning grew on the stars seemed to slowly fade. Addie's eyes are drooping, dark circles are growing underneath of them. We haven't gotten any sleep since we passed out on the train, more like knocked out. That seems to fit the situation better. But being stuck on a train for 8 hours made us more exhausted then we should be. Being up at this time of hour with the state of shock we were in previously didn't make it any better.

"Look!" Adalaide shouts. Her eyes lit up. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "Harry!" She shouted with a grin this time. She looked over at me, I'm caught looking at her and just awkwardly smile hoping that she just thinks I'm equally excited.

"Yeah?" I ask casually.

"Ahead, I see light and a few buildings, I think it might be the main town. I'm pretty sure it's town Harry."

I look up ahead staring directly in the middle of the road. Sure enough it's true. Dull lights coming from an unwanted city.

"C'mon we have to run!" Her face as lit up with excitement, as if she has been saving her energy for this exact moment.

"I can't run, my knees hurt, Ill catch up." I say. I don't mean to sound like an ass but I honestly can't. Every fiber in my being has shut down and aching, the only thing keeping me moving is her.

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm not going to leave you out here." She said. "We can just walk together." Her giant smile faded to a small one but I can tell it was legitament.

By the time we reached town the giant clock on city hall said two forty seven. We walked a bit further. Past an all night bar closing at five. and a twenty-four hour super market that ironically closed at three. We walked far enough to find a motel next to the bank. It was very convenient for it to appear like that.

Adalaide was the first to walk inside. She stopped at the door to take in the surrounding as though she didn't want to walk farther in without me. She looked back to see that I wasn't far away from the entrance. When I walked in she grabbed my arm and lead ourselves to the front desk.