Chapter 2

_____________

I was asleep. I could hear a beeping sound and men talking around me. I slowly opened my eyes to see I was in a hospital bed with things wrapped around my wrist.

"She's waking up." I hear one of the men say. "Good morning Adalaide. I'm doctor Martina." He said with a cheesy smile on his face. Who's Adalaide? I thought. I looked around the room to see if anyone else is there. Just me, the docotor, and one more man.

"Doctor Martina why doesn't she remeber who she is?" A tall curly haired boy asked. "Well, since she practically drowned, it killed some of her brain. Wiping out her memory. In time she will either gain her memory back, or have to learn. You are very lucky you found her." The boy looked at me. I could tell he was concerned. "Thank you." Said the boy while exiting the room. His arms were folded and his face was scowled. Something must not be right. "No problem Harry." Harry? I dont know a Harry?

The doctor started to unhook me from the machine. I layed in the bed waiting for him to take me out of this room. Why am I even here?

"Ok Adalaide, nurse Maggie is going to help you with your needs from now on. She will take you down to the cafeteria right now. You need to eat." Dr. Martina said in a childs voice. I sat up.

"Umm doctor. Who's Adalaide?" I asked him.

"Oh uh, your Adalaide.. That is your name." he smiled and chuckled in a way that seemed to fake to be real. I'm Adalaide? How do I not remember? Maybe I do. I think.

The cafeteria was cold. The walls were painted white. The tables were a nice red. and the floors seemes to be as white and flawless as it could be. The food selections were nice. Maggie hepled me get some clam chowder and a breadstick. On my way to the pay line I snagged an Arizona Ice Tea. Maggie put the lunch on her employee card.

"Thanks Maggie." I said.

"No problem hun. Now where would you like to sit?"

I looked around the room to find a table. Then I saw him. 'Harry.' I walked over to his table and sat down across from him. Maggie sat down next to me. He was reading a book called 'The End.' I coughed to indicate I was there. He looked up slowly and placed his book on the table.

"Uh Hi." He said in a shy sweet voice.

"Who are you? And why did you bring me here?" I said. He looked down and smiled. He moved his curly bangs with his hands and looked at me. His green eyes were gorgeous. "You don't know who I am?" He asked me. I felt awkward. Was I suppoed to know? Was he my brother? A friend? I felt guilty as well. "All I know is that your name is Harry."

"Yeah. I am Harry, Harry Styles."

"Is that suppoed to mean something to me?" I was confused. I wanted to know who this guy was. I looked at Maggie as a signal so she can leave.

"Oh I get it hun. Ok I got to go do some work. Buzz me when you need me Addie." Maggie left the cafeteria.

"Now can you please tell me what you mean to me?" I asked him.

"You don't exactly know me. I found you." His tone grew serious.

"Where did you find me exactly?"

"In a lake. I heard you screaming for help when me and my friends were walking in the park. I heard a scream. I thought it was just a random kid playing in the park. Then I heard you scream 'help' and I realized it came from the lake and that you were drowing. So I jumped in. Half way out there I didnt hear anymore screaming. I looked where you could of been. I saw bubbles float to the top. I dove down to the bottem that instant."

I was horrified. I died? I was brought back to life?

"Ok but who are you?"

"Here maybe this will help." Harry pulled out his phone and searched on youtube 'One Direction-Live While We're Young official video.' He played the video and I watched. That's him. Harry. He's in a band... I looked at the views. A very popular one.

"So you're famous or something?"

"I guess you can say that." He smiled and put his phone away.

I can't believe it. A famous person saved my life. How can I not of heard of them before? Harry was really cute. He seemed real. Not cocky like regular famous people. I was saved by Harry Styles.

"So who are you exactly?" Harry was asking me questions now.

"Um. I don't remember. I guess my name Is Adalaide. But I don't know my last name."

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Moving away." My voice cracked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well when I turned 17 I moved away to England and finished off school there. I originally am from America. But now that I think about it my memory is kind of all over the place."

"That explains the accent." He smirked.

"So you don't know who you are, or where you live?"

"Basically. I don't want to go back to America though. I don't know where any of my belongings are."

I realized I was lost. I was a sick girl who just cheated on death. I was lost in a crowded place. Not even in the right country. I had no where to go. Harry was twirling his thumbs.

"You can stay with me until you can get this sorted out."

"What?"

"Yeah. You have no where to go and you obviously dont want to go back to America. You don't even know who you are! So this nicest thing I can do is offer a place to crash."

I didn't know what to say. Should I? He was a known man so anything he does to me, everyone would no in an instant. It still seems kind of insane.

"Actually the nicest thing you can do is save me, but you already seemed to have done that, so it's fine, I'm sure I'll be ok."

"It's one hundred percent fine. You can sleep on my bed, and I can take the couch. It's pretty comfortable, really, it's no problem. I would love to help you."

I looked down at the table still thinking about the oppertunity. Should I take it? I don't have any money so I guess it would be the smartest thing to do since I won't be able to afford a hotel room.

"Yeah alright. I guess I can for a little bit if it's no bother."

Harry smiled and pulled out his phone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked him. I looked over the table to see his phone.

"I have to tell the lads. They have to know you're staying with me."

Lads?

"Wait why?"

"Well, they're my best mates and apart of my band. I should let them know. Them and management."

"How many of you are there?"

"Four, Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn. Five if you count me."

"Ok that's fine I guess."

What if this was a bad idea? I don't any of them to begin with. I also don't remember anything about me at the moment.

"Ok then Adalaide, lets get you checked out of here." Harry exclaimed.

"But I just woke up. I still don't know where I am or who I am."

"Dr.Martina said it was fine, you will regain most of your memory over time. We can get you checked out as soon as you feel comfortable and alright."

I looked at him and smirked an unknowingly smirk. I was nervous but glad that a nice man rescued me who I knew was alright to live..erm..crash at their house since they are famous. My lucky day.