Chapter 11

"Adalaide, darling, please." George walked closer, "forgive me." I couldn't let this happen. I will never forgive him for never coming after me when I was drowning, for never looking for me afterwords.

"Stop." I say softly.

George walks closer.

"Stop." I say more sternly.

"You're beautiful you know?" He gets close enough to put his hands on my waist.

"Do you know what you have done?" I ask him.

"Will you ever forgive me?"

"Maybe in time." Could I really forgive him? I don't want to. I shouldn't. But there is something in me that says he is the one that I am madly in love with.

His sharp smile makes my knees go weak, literally. I collapse in his arms so he can carry me off somewhere else.

"Fuck." I say lifting my head from the uncomfortable pillow.

"No." I say shaking my head, "No, no, no!" I scream. I rub my temples and mumble to myself no.

I'm not in love with George I can't be. After this horrible incident I don't know if I will ever be able to love again.

I look around the room to find Harry absent from the couch. I get out of bed and walk over to the window to see if its still night or not.

The answer is yes. The city still has half the lights on but is still as dark as a raven.

Where is he? Harry isn't in the bathroom because I would see the light creeping out of the cracks of the old wooden door. Maybe he couldn't sleep, he went out for a late night stroll or something. It's pitch black. But once my eyes adjust to the dark I slip my shoes and coat on and walk outside.

The lights look a but more faded then when I saw it earlier. Everything seems much more dull. The parking lot of the motel has about 5 other cars in it. Maybe some more parked in the back.

It's a lot colder than I would have imagined, especially since I was out in the rain and cold all day long. I should be used to it by now, but I guess from the motel warmth my seances adjusted back to normal.

I start walking a bit further. The bank was dark inside with a few red lights on for security purposes. The little convenient store was officially closed even though its supposed to be available all night long.

A shadowy figured appeared behind the one street light that makes it easier to see. I moved towards the other side of the road just in case. I don't know what kind of people come out here at night or even during the day and I don't care to find out.

The figure stops before crossing into the street light and turns to look at me. He kind of had shaggy hair, I could tell from the outline of his head. It must be Harry.

"Harry?" I say. I put my left arm up waving, signaling him towards me. "What are you doing out here I asked?" He began to walk towards me. He's not answering. Could it be someone else?

"Adalaide don't run." The man said forcefully, as if he would harm me if I did. I recognize that voice anywhere, it's not Harry's, but George's. he was walking with a small limp holding his cheek.

"Get away from me." I said.

"Stop." But he continues to walk closer. Fuck. This is my dream.

I back away slowly so I don't raise any thoughts. As soon as I took my third step back he grabbed my wrist and pulled me further towards him.