•Chapter 3- The hill•

In about 15 minutes, we were at the bottom of the hill in the middle of the woods. We hiked up and I sat on one of the benches there.
"This place is cool guys!" I exclaimed. There was a table with chairs around it, lanterns around the place, a fire pit in the middle and some other cool things.
"Yeah, we're not done yet." Madison told me while sitting next to me.
"Hey guys I'm gonna go get some stuff for s'mores. Who wants to come?" Nash asked.
"I do!" Cameron and Matt said at the same time. They got up, then Taylor, Jack j and the other Jack got up.

"Hey babe I'm gonna go with them. You guys good?" Madison looked at me then back at him.
"Yeah. Can you get me a Sprite also. Want anything?" She looked at me again.
"A Sprite also. Thanks." I smiled at him then he walked away.
"You and jack are so cute together by the way." I told her.
"Thanks. Everyone says that. I'm just happy that we both like each other." I looked at her confused. I think she got the look because she started explaining.
"Almost every couple in our school has the one person who doesn't like who their dating. For instance Shawn and Camille. Shawn didn't like her one bit." She told me.
"Can't blame him. She's a devil." I said.
"Yeah. His mom made him date her because of her job. They've been dating since eighth grade but he finally had the balls to dump her this year." I nodded my head and leaned back in my chair.

A few minutes later, the boys came back with packages of marshmallows, Hershey's chocolate, and gram crackers. Jack gave me and Madison our Sprites. I got my marshmallow and put it in the fire for a second then put it on the chocolate inside of the gram cracker.
"I haven't had a s'more in so long." I smiled while looking at my treat. 
"You have a little something on your face." Nash smirked. There was melted marshmallow on my face which I kind of licked off. Madison and I were talking when I heard a car at the bottom of the hill. I walked over because you could see the bottom of the hill. There was a black pick up truck behind Jack's car. Then there were footsteps.

"Guys I think someone's here." I told everybody while turning around to them.
"No one else knows that this place exists. The only one not here is Shawn." After Matt said that Shawn walked through the branch entrance. My day just got better. He looked kind of sad. His eyes were puffy and red, hair sort of messed up and he looks a little off.

"Aye Shawn! Are you okay?" Johnson asked.
"I'm fine. What are you guys doing here?" He walked over to a chair and sat down.
"Well we wanted to show Lily our little hang out spot since she's apart of our group now." Cam told him.
"Also, because we felt bad for her. Her first day and Camille has to ruin Lily's perfectly cute outfit." Madison had a mad expression on her face.
"Hey Madison it's okay I just put my clothes in the washer." I gave her light smile but she still had a mad expression on her face.

"Oh yeah. Don't know what happened there." Shawn gave me a fake smile and looked away. I just rolled my eyes and looked away.
"So Lily, do you have a talent?" Johnson asked me which caught me off guard.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Like do you sing, dance, act? There has to be a reason or you wouldn't be going to a performing arts school." Jack explained.
"Oh. I kind of act but I like singing more." I told them while putting a piece of chocolate in my mouth.
"Oh you sing. That's cool. So your like Shawn." Nash said looking at me then Shawn. Shawn looked at me with a questioning look.
"You sing? You don't look like it." I kept looking at him.

"Like what you see?" Shawn asked. I felt my face go red and I looked down. Everyone laughed a little. My phone rung and it was my mom.

"Hello?"
"Hi honey! Where are you?"
"I'm with some of my friends."
"Oh okay. Me your dad and Kayleigh were gonna go to Anna's house for dinner. Wanna come?" Oh I forgot about Anna.
"I forgot about Anna. Can you tell her that I'll go over her house tomorrow?"
"Okay. Well be home before twelve. Bye honey." Dang twelve on a school night?
"Okay love you to." 

I hung up and looked around everyone was in their own little conversation except for Shawn. He was gone. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me jump a little from my seat.
"Did I scare you?" Shawn asked.
"Uh yeah a little." I let out a small laugh.
"Come with me for a sec." He held out his for me to take.
"Where are we going?" I asked while standing up on my own.
"Somewhere. Just follow me." He started walking away so I followed. No one asked where we were going. It was quiet except for the noise of the wind blowing by, trees hitting each other, and the leaves crunching underneath our feet. There was a bright light coming from the way we were heading. Shawn came up from the side of me and grabbed my hand then intertwined our fingers. I looked at him but it was kind of hard since it was dark.

We got out of the woods to a rocky edge.
"Are you trying to kill me?!" I slightly yelled at him. He laughed and we kept walking. There was a cliff coming up which scared me. The closer we got to it, the more I grasped onto Shawn's hand. Then we came to a stop.
"Look up." He instructed me. I looked up and saw stars dancing in the sky. It was so amazing.
"Amazing right?" Shawn asked me. I just shook my head and sat on the ground. So did Shawn.

For a couple of minutes it was quiet until he broke the silence.
"Who's Anna?" Shawn asked me while still looking up.
"My other sister." I told him.
"Other sister? Do you have another sister?" The wind blew by my face and made my ears really cold.
"Yeah Kayleigh. She's my younger sister. Anna is my older sister. My mom was married before she married my dad and had Anna. Then divorced the guy and found my dad then had me then Kayleigh." He nodded his head.

"Why did you move here?" He asked me.
"I don't know if I should tell you. I met you today and from me looking at you, you don't seem trustworthy." I let go of his hand and put mine in my jacket.
"Really. I'm not trustworthy?" He looked at me and I shook my head.
"Can I trust you if I tell you a secret?" He asked me. I nodded my head again and looked at him.
"Ok well I use to never act the way I do in school back then. I was one of the best students in school. That's what my teachers told me. But then in eighth grade, my mom made me date Camille. She wasn't that bad but definitely bossy. Then in ninth grade my... my parents started started fighting more and more. It was getting difficult to deal with because they would argue twenty four seven so  I couldn't do my homework. Me and my sister Aaliyah would be in my room trying to distract our selves from listening to them downstairs. Tenth grade came and I was a mess. Bad grades, never listened and my mom and dad's fighting got worse. My dads would always get drunk then come home and do somethings I wish I could forget. My teachers were becoming aware of me so they gave me tutoring and shit. Then at the end of the year, my parents divorced so my mom, Aaliyah and I moved out here again." He told me. There were a few tears at the brim of his eyes.
"What do you mean again." I asked quietly.
"I was born in here, then moved to Ontario, then Pickering, now back here again. All because of my moms job. I still don't know why I'm acting like how I do in school. My mom got a boyfriend but he's mean as hell. He says hateful things to me and Aaliyah about our dad when our mom isn't around. That's why I come here almost everyday."

Now there full on tears streaming down his face. I didn't know what to do other then hug him. Like a really tight hug that'll hopefully make him feel better.
"I'm so sorry." Was all I could say.
"No need to be sorry. You didn't do it. My life is just a wreck right now." He hugged me back.
"It'll get better though. I promise. I moved here because my mom was having problems with Anna's dad. He was threatening my whole family. She divorced him because Jacob, that's his name, would beat her, insult her and other things. So we moved out here away from Florida. Long move but worth it so we would be safe."

"Looks like we both were going through some family problems." Shawn looked at me.
"Yeah. But we will get through it. Like I said. I promise nothing will happen." I hugged him tighter.

"Promise?" He looked at me.
"Promise." I assured him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey y'all! Hope you enjoyed the chapters so far. I'm going to update again today.
Peace out✌🏾️
~~~~Riey🌺~~~~