•Chapter 4- Problems•

-Shawn's POV-
Lily and I were still sitting near the edge of the cliff. The stars were still dancing and the sky was pitch black. The wind blew by but with a cold feeling.

"Why is it so freaking cold?" Lily slightly shouted.

"Want my jacket?" I asked her.

"Then won't you be cold?" She asked back.

I shook my head and took my black jacket off. She took it from me and put it over her shoulders. I could smell wood burning which kind of startled me.

"You smell that to right?" She whispered to me.

I shook my head and we both got up walking back to the area everyone else was at.

I walked through the opening first with Lily behind me when I saw Johnson with a burning stick in his hands and him waving it around like a maniac.

"Jack what are you doing?" Lily yelled at him. I ran over and slapped the stick out of his hand. I stepped on it and eventually it burned out. Once it was gone, I looked at him with a pissed face.

"Jack, what hell is the matter with you? Were you trying to kill them?" I almost shouted at him.

"Gilinsky dared me to do it so I did. He said take a stick then put it in the fire and run around like a maniac with it." He explained. I face palmed myself and walked back over to Lily who was sitting down now.

"Nice jacket Lily. Where'd you get it from?" Nash asked.

He knew it was mine but decided to mock me. How rude.

"Um.. I found it.. on the ground?" She answered but in more of a question.

"Oh ok." Nash gave a smirk then looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows. I flipped him off when i suddenly felt my phone vibrate. I checked it and it was Nash. Rolling my eyes, I checked it.

Nash🙄: Dude I know it's your jacket. I'm not that blind.

I looked up at him and glared. I texted back.

STFU.

I checked the time then shut my phone off. Damn 11:30. We've been here for a longtime.

Everyone one was in their own convo. Madison and Lily were immersed in a conversation so I took a chance to check out Lily.

Her brown hair shone through the moonlight with a grey beanie resting on top. Her eyes were grey but with a blue tint in them. Her smile was cute. It could warm a cold heart.

And her hugs, don't get me started. When she hugged me, it felt like I was actually safe for once.

I know what you're thinking, shouldn't it be the other way around where the girl says that?

No. My life won't get better until something changes. Thankfully though, Lily and her family are safe from what they went through.

I, on the other hand have to deal with my stupid stepdad Richard. The man could drink three packs of beer and still be sober.

Then there's Alex, his "know-it-all" 17 year old son who is an ass as well.

You know what they say, like father like son.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Lily waved her hands in front of my face.

"Oh yeah huh what?" I said confused.

"I said I have to go home. My mom told me that that I have to be home before twelve." She told me. I shook my head and got up.