•Chapter 32-Fixed•

((Don't you just love that pic above;))
Lily's POV

"W-where's dad?" I knew that question was coming. And now was the time to tell her. I swallowed the lump in my throat and bent down to her height.

"They took him." I whispered. She scrunched her eyebrows.
"What do you mean took him? To jail?" The water in her brown eyes were about ready to pour out. I shook my head.

"The hospital. H-he's...." I couldn't finish my sentence so I just hugged her. Kayleigh began crying so I'm pretty sure she got the point. Mom came over and soothed her. I got up and looked over to where Shawn and Aaliyah were, hugging their father.

Looks like we both have missing pieces in our lives now.
________________________________

The days went by quick. After the incident happened, we all went to the hospital to get checked out. Shawn found out that he had a concussion after passing out twice in the waiting room. He also fractured his wrist and bruised what seems like his whole body.

My dads funeral was soon after that. It was a very sad day but we still celebrated his past life of living on the earth. At the repast, lots of family and friends came.

I grabbed a cool Arizona ice tea can and walked outside to lay in the grass.

"It's very bright tonight isn't it?" A voice called out from behind me. I turned around slightly and saw Shawn's glimmering face smiling. He came and sat next to me with a can of his own tea.

"Yeah I guess so." I shrugged and laid back. It was silent for a second and all I could here was the music coming from inside my house. My family didn't really celebrate the passing of other family members, but celebrated their life of living.

"You look nice today." He turned and looked at me. I smiled and looked back at the pool. The lights were changing colors.

"Thanks. How's your arm?" I asked trying to carry on with the conversation. He shrugged looking at his arm in the sling.

"It hurts like hell but fine I guess. I call it my battle wounds." He moved a little closer until our legs were touching.

I smiled and looked over at him. He grabbed my hand and I put my head on his shoulder. This is one thing that I wouldn't want to forget. Having my, I really don't know what to call him, next to me. I couldn't say best friend because apparently I've been told that we do coupleish things, but then I couldn't call us a couple because were more of a.... pair.

I picked my head up in realization. Shawn turned his head towards me with a look of confusion.

"What?" His eyes darted down to my lips and back to my own eyes. His lips twitched into a small and leaned closer to where our foreheads could touch.

Next thing you know, I feel something soft on my mouth. I smiled and kissed back. I'm trying not to be cliche or anything, but I could feel the butterflies and sparks rising through my body warming me.

He pulled back gasping slightly and looked at me with a small grin plastered on his face. I did the same and rested my head on his shoulder.

Kayleigh's POV

I looked out the window to see Lily and Shawn kissing. I was grossed out but then happy at the same time.

"What are you smiling at?" Aaliyah asked. I pointed to them. She smiled.

"Awe. It's cute but then gross." We both laughed and went back to watching
Haters Back Off on Netflix.

Shawn's POV

Lily was the last piece that I was missing in my life.

________________________________
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's pretty short but this is the end.

Jk jk I have like one more chapter left and then it'll be over sadly. But I am working on a new story so it'll be up sometime this week hopefully.

Btw sry for the inconvenient ( don't even know if I'm using that properly ;)  writer who hasn't been updating for a while. She's gone crazy.

Anyway thanks for reading loves💙

🌺Riey