Chapter 9- Father, Father

*Cleo's PoV*

I opened my eyes and saw that Kellin wasn't were he normally was. I sat up and stretched. Then I smelt food. It reminded me of when my dad would cook breakfast in the early morning. The last time he did that was ten years ago.

I unplugged my phone and saw a few text messages from old friends and family wishing me happy birthday. I smiled and thanked them. I headed out into the kitchen still really tired.

"Happy birthday!" Ann, Vic, and Kellin yelled as I walked in. They had made breakfast for me. I smiled and hugged them.

"Thanks guys! You didn't have to do this!" I said.

While we cleaned up from breakfast there was a knock at the door. I was throwing something away so Kel ran to get it.

"Who are you?" Said the man at my door. I froze, I knew that smoker voice from anywhere. I walked stiffly into the hallway and to the hall.

"Dad." I muttered.

"Hey! Sweetheart!" He said coming to me with open arms. I pushed him away and walked over to Kellin grabbing his arm.

"Why are you here?" I snapped. I hated this man with all of my heart. He abused my brother and I and was a druggie along with a drunkard. How did he find where I lived?

"Can't I see my baby girl on her twenty first birthday?" He said with a broken toothed smile. I cringed.

"No." I said.

"Who's this?" My dad asked pointing to Kellin.

"My boyfriend Kellin. Now please leave." I stated quickly. He shook his head.

"But I missed you honey! And I'm sorry-" he started.

"Get your ass out of our house." Kellin said angrily. My dad got close to his face.

"What did you say to me bastard?" My dad growled.

"He said get out." Vic appeared from behind him.

"Oh no! I'm so scared!" He said mockingly. He glared around at the three of us.

"You'll see me again I promise." My dad said slamming the door shut so hard I'm surprised it didn't snap in half. I sighed angrily.

"That was my dad. I swear he is the devil's spawn." I laughed lightly.

"He won't come back, probably." Ann said. I nodded. I went into my room and laid flat on my back. I heard a knock at the door.

"Enter" I said. I looked over and saw Kellin.

"Hey wanna come on a walk with me? I want to show you something." He said.

"Sure." I threw on some jeans and a light sweater.

We walked down the road hand in hand talking.

"I don't know how he found me. My brother took me with him and never told my dad where we were going." I said. That was bothering me. No one said anything about where Dan and I were. "And why would he come back now?"

"He's not coming near you or our family." Kellin said. I rested my head on his arm and smiled up at him.

"Thanks."

We sat down underneath a tree with a lot of shade. It was the middle of October but still rather warm out.

"I know you don't like me buying you stuff, but I bought you something." Kellin said looking at me and smiling.

"You didn't have to buy me anything." I said.

"Well I did." He smiled again kissing me. He handed me a little box. I looked at him and he just smiled at me. I opened it and my mouth dropped. A promise ring, it had a silver band with a black bejeweled heart.

"Oh my god." I said and hugged him tightly.

"You like it?"

"I love it." I hugged him tighter. He pulled me into a kiss that lasted until rain began to seep through the leaves I the tree. We ran home trying not to get soaked but that was the outcome.

When we got home I changed into my pajamas, even though it was only around twelve. A storm was coming as far as we knew, so we made some frozen pizza and watched old cartoons.

My phone buzzed and I looked down. It was a storm warning. Warning us about a tropical storm coming tonight. I hated storms they scared me.

"Hey hurricane warning!" I said waving my phone in front of the others.

"I really hope we don't loose power." Ann mumbled.

"I swear to god if you jinx us..." I muttered walking into the kitchen. I came back with a drink and sat next to Kellin.

Then my phone starting ringing, and my brother was calling. I stood back up and went into my room.

"Hey!" I said happily.

"Happy birthday Cleo!" He said!

"Thanks Dan how's Cali?" I asked.

"Fun, but I wish that you could move in with us so we could be a family again." He said. Family. I'll be having one of those.

"What was that sis?"

Dammit I said that out loud.

"Nothing," I said. I couldn't tell him just yet. He'd worry and probably fly back.

"So what did you get?" He said. I laughed.

"Homemade breakfast, a promise ring, a visit from dad..." I said the last two things quickly.

"Promise ring eh?" I heard Ally in the background. My brother sighed.

"Wait what was that about dad?" He said.

"He came." I told him what happened.

"He said he'd be back. So I don't even know." I put my head to my head.

"Don't worry that bastards scared of everything." Dan said reassuringly.

"I hope, so did you hear about the hurricane we are getting?" I asked trying to make a conversation.

"Yeah we are getting some of it here." He said. We Talked for a few more minutes then hung up.

I looked down at my phone and saw we were talking for two and half hours. Well it was good to catch up with him and Ally.

I walked back into the living room with the others and we watched Tv for another three hours.

"Hey surprise we also have dinner reservations at Olive Garden." Anna said.

"Really?" I loved going there but my job wasn't paying much and I couldn't work there now that I was pregnant. I'd have to find another job now that I think of it.

"Yup, go look decent." Anna said. I kicked her as I got up and went into my room. I put on some dark blue jeans and a sweater that cut off at the shoulders with a grey tank top. I brushed out my hair got into the car with the others. The storm was still on the low which was a good thing.

_______________________

So hey guys!!! Yay I wrote something that wasn't bad! So I hope you guys really like it so far! Actually I'm guessing there's like 10-11 more chaps left now that I think. So yeah thanks!

Have a nice day/night!

VOTE-COMMENT-FOLLOW-SHARE

-DragonGirl54