Chapter 44: Tripping

Penelope's P.O.V.

I heard a door slam open, waking me up. "Penelope!" Charlie shouted, jumping on the bed. I groggily sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"What time is it?" I said yawning. "It's almost six, we need to get ready now!" Charlie dragged me out of the bed, bringing me into the bathroom.

On the sink there was already under garments for me to wear, "I'll bring you a dress when you're done showering. I'll do your hair and makeup."

I nodded my head sleepily and locked the door. I turned on the faucet and stripped out of my pajamas.

When I was done, I grabbed a white fluffy towel and dried myself, putting on the underwear Charlie gave me.

I grabbed the towel again and wrapped it around me and walked out. Charlie had two dresses, "Here, this one is for you."

She handed me the white dress with a belt a little bit above the waist and flowers that started at the left of the belt and went upwards, acting like a strap on my shoulder.

I went into the bathroom again and changed into the dress. I gently pulled the dress over my head and pulled it down a little.

The dress went to my mid-thighs, showing my pale skin. I hesitantly opened the door and saw that Charlie had already changed into her dress too.

Her dress was floor length, a light grey for the top part and a darker grey for the bottom. "Okay, It's 6:25 right now, we have enough time to put on makeup and do our hair."

"I'll do your makeup first."

I only let her put mascara and eyeliner on me, because I don't want to cake my face up.

Charlie curled my hair and combed through it with her fingers, separating the curls a bit. "Okay, there." She said mostly to herself.

She then started putting makeup on herself and did her hair. "We need to go to the backyard now if we want to make it on time."

I nodded my head and Charlie threw me some black flats. We went downstairs, seeing a few people and went into the backyard.

Everyone was chatting with one another, the children running around in their little tuxedos and dresses.

"C'mon this way." Charlie swarmed through the crowd and made it behind the stage that had been set up.

"Leanne! Eve!" Charlie said hugging them. They started talking, but I zoned out shortly. I looked around my surroundings but I didn't see Adam, in fact I didn't see any their mates.

I found a chair somehow and sat down, swinging my legs back and forth. "You look like a little kid."

I looked around and saw Cameron behind me. "I do not." I huffed quietly. He ruffled my hair, like what siblings would do and chuckled at me.

I pat down my hair and smoothed it out. "Come on, it's about to start."

I nodded my head and stood up. Cameron went ahead, but someone grabbed my waist and turned me around.

I felt sparks around me, and when I looked up, I saw Adam grinning down at me. "You look beautiful." Adam commented.

"Thank you." I said back, looking away. "No kisses?" Adam said, taking one hand to put under my chin and move my head gently to face him.

I smiled a little, and shook my head. "No."

Adam pulled me closer and pulled me up, making me go on my tip toes and holding his shoulders. His lips met mine but only for a second.

He smirked at me then held my hand. "Let's go."

I let Adam pull me up front and when I finally got out of my haze, I felt the knots forming in my stomach.

I swallowed and shakily got up the stage.

Everyone was gathering around the stage, taking a look of their new pack members.

When everyone was here, Adam's father spoke out loudly, "Tonight, we bring five new members into our pack."

"Eveie." Eve stepped up, "You are cutting all the connection you had with your old pack. Do you still wish to continue?"

"Yes, I want to cut all ties with my old pack." Eve said just as loud as Thomas.

"Do you swear that you will protect this pack, Alpha and Luna?"

"Yes, with my life."

The ceremony continues and Thomas repeats everything he said to the last person.

When he was done with each person, he cuts his palm and the persons' and pressed them together.

When I counted the people, there was only four, Eve, Luca, Leanne and Mickey. Who was the last one?

"Last but not least, Penelope Sanders." I felt my heart stop.

I didn't move from where I was standing, and looked at the audience. They were all smiling at me, like they were encouraging me to go.

"Penelope?" Thomas called out, looking at me. I slowly started moving towards him, holding the fabric of the dress.

It was a short distance, to walk, but luck wasn't on my side today. I tripped over my own feet, but someone caught me before I fell.

I could feel my cheeks heat up as everyone chuckled. Adam helped me up and smiled at me.

Once I finally reached Thomas, he said the same thing to me and we cut our palms and connected it together.

"Welcome to the family." Everyone cheered and went off.

Ophelia went up to me and bombarded me with compliments. Joseph, I think he was, gave me a rectangular box with a bow.

He looked like he remembered something and winked at me. 'At such a young age.' My wolf tsked.

I opened the box and found a bracelet with my name on it. "We bought it-" "With our own money!" The other twin finished.

"Thank you." I said, putting it on my wrist. "You're-" "Welcome!" They smiled and ran off who knows where.

I turned around, and was instantly met with a chest. I squealed and jumped back a little. I looked up and Adam was standing there, smiling.

"Did my brothers do something to do?" He asked. I shook my head, "They gave me this bracelet, though."

I showed him the bracelet, "They've been saving money and working around the pack house to earn enough money to buy it."

Maybe I should give them something back. I thought to myself.

"Are you tired?" Adam asked me, I shook my head. "I'm fine." Adam and I walked around the yard, stopping to make a few conversations to the pack members.

"Penelope?" I heard Adam call my name. I looked up to him, telling him I was listening. "Are you okay? I was calling your name for a while."

I nodded my head, "I'm fine."

The night went by faster than I thought and I was already changed and in bed. Adam walked out of the bathroom, only in shorts and climbing onto the bed.

Adam put his arm over my waist and kissed my forehead. "If you need anything, just wake me up okay?"

I nodded my head and snuggled closer to him. This time I had no trouble falling asleep.

----

These last few chapters were boring, and I am truly sorry for it. I've been trying to update at least two times a week, Monday and Friday.

I promise that things will get more interesting. (I hope)

I am really proud of how this book is going, almost 100k reads and I'm in the top 50 for werewolf!

I just want to thank you all for supporting me with your votes and comments. :)

-Waff.