I'll Miss You

I watched ____ as she said her goodbyes to the boys. I saw the fake smile that graced her face, me being the only one to notice. They smiled back giving her hugs and words of farewell. As she started walking toward me I saw the mask she had on falter. We both knew the reason for her sadness. I watched her closely as she walked. Getting so lost in thought I hadn't realized she was standing in front of me.
"Jimin... Are you okay?" Her soft voice reached my ears. I brought my eyes to meet hers.
"I should be asking you that." I chuckled trying to cover up my own sadness. She giggled at me. I put my arm around her shoulders and walked her to the security line. Hugging my torso tightly she started crying bringing tears to my eyes.
"I don't want to leave." I heard her mumble. Wrapping my arms around her I gave her a tight hug.
"I don't want you to leave either." I whispered into her shoulder. Letting go we stepped back wiping each other's faces free form tears. Resting my hands on her cheeks I place a kiss on her forehead.
"Four years huh?" I looked into her eyes as they started to water again. She nodded her head knowing if she spoke she'd cry again.
"I'm going to miss you so damn much." My voice cracking. She faced the floor.
"I couldn't tell the guys how long I was going to be gone. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 'We'll see you when you come back.' They said. They don't know that it will be years before they see me again." She hiccuped then took a deep breath. She brought her head up and looked me in the eyes, tears rolling down her face.
"I'm so sorry. I left you the burden of breaking their hearts." She hiccuped again. Sighing I hugged her one last time.
"I'll tell them, okay? Don't worry." She buried her face in my shoulder and gave a small hum.
"I'm going to miss you dearly. Jimin, I love you." She switched to English saying words she knew I understood. My heart ached hearing her final goodbye.
"Goodbye ____, I love you." I let her go and stepped back. My eyes followed her through the line and to her gate. She turned around and waved at me giving me a sad smile. My heart broke at that moment. My eyes stayed on the opening she walked through for God knows how long. I felt slender fingers squeeze my shoulder. With tears caressing my cheeks I turned to looked at Namjoon. The boys standing around him.
"She isn't coming back any time soon is she?" Jungkook asked. The amount of tears cascading my face increased.
"She'll be gone for four years." I strained my voice to get the words out. Seeing this the boys lead me out of the airport and to the van to take me home. Home, it wasn't home without her. 'I'll wait for you ____. I promise.' I thought falling asleep in the van.