Chapter - 9

flirting •

✧✧

Luckily, time did start taking its course for the good.

Slowly and steadily.

Nikshit and Maithili weren't as awkward as before within each other's presence and interactions had become much easier, to their own surprise.

Maithili's father had come back for a long vacation of sixty days and the house was much livelier than before after the sudden rush of relatives.

It was going to be a long duration of celebrations just like any other typical big fat Indian wedding.

The engagement day appeared with a lot of joy and excitement at their doorsteps after a few days; which was welcomed with open arms by both the families.

It was not going to be a huge and grand celebration like the usual celebrations which were supposed to take place. It was a private function which included only the small circle of family members of both the families included- of around hundred people.

Private and lowkey was just for saying.

But the hundred was less than they were expecting anyway thanks to the month of June. There were no holidays in schools so many relatives couldn't come to the celebration.

Since it was a family function, the celebration was decided to take place at Dahiya house since there was a bigger space available for accumulating so many people at once.

Maithili had even told Nikshit once, just in case her father doesn't get his leave approved, they'll not even do this much and just exchange rings without inviting guests so, the last moment invitations sent couldn't be helped either- one of the few reasons why not all the relatives could come.

She was still baffled at how even hundreds of people had been able to gather up.

One day on a whim, during the wee hours of work, Nikshit received a text from her out of nowhere. It was rare for them to text talk during work hours.

Sender: Maithili

I'm so bummed today!

I don't want to work at all!

You:

Take a break?

Sender: Maithili

I can't. There's too much to do.

I need an ice cream to feel motivated.

You:

What flavor?

Sender: Maithili

Why? You're going to buy some for me right now?

Aren't you in the middle of a meeting at the moment?

You're not listening to them talk are you?

You:

Flavor, Sankhla?

Sender: Maithil

Kesar pista?

You:

Ok.

Although she told him, she was not at all expecting the man to very generously get the ice cream delivered to her desk with a bouquet of baby pink tulips within the next forty minutes.