Chapter - 11

Married •

✧✧

With the gradually passing days Maithili became fit and fine again. The rituals had started taking place one by one, followed by everyday prayers and offerings to god.

There were exactly five days left since Maithili's family had gone to Dahiya house for the Tilak ceremony yesterday. Eventually soon enough the haldi was sent from their house for her along with some gifts as per the rituals.

Overall, they were both under house arrest now. No going out of the house was allowed, neither was meeting with each other. It wasn't like they met everyday or were dying to meet everyday either though.

They still weren't really that emotionally attached.

The morning turmeric ceremony was followed by the Sangeet and Mehendi in the evening the very next day. It all felt very chaotic, sped up and satisfying.

Maithili, for once, was enjoying all the celebratory occasions with her whole heart. She had never imagined she'd feel so happy while getting married when she'd been anything but agreeable with the said proposition.

"Apply the organic face pack we've made at home on Maithili's face from time to time."

"Do the decorations properly."

"Don't use roses in the temple."

"Don't touch the things which are to be used for havan without taking a bath or after eating!"

"This ritual is done this way, not like that."

"Pack one dhoti with every gift packet."

"You have to at least pack the basic glass bangles box with a leaflet of kumkum and a box of vermillion with the saree boxes."

"The jewelry sets that are gifted to Maithili will go in a separate suitcase with the..."

And many more things were heard here and there. They were endless. Indian weddings were too extravagant in terms of scheduling, preparing and uncountable arrangements that were to take place in order according to auspicious scheduled days and time.

She watched her grandmother skipping around with her walking stick all over the house these days, followed behind by her grandfather obediently, helping out with the arrangements or looking after the guests that were staying at their house.

At last, the day had arrived when she was finally going to get married to Nikshit Dahiya finally. The same man she'd least expected to even have a proper conversation with in her whole life time.

Maithili would have been lying if she said she did not feel good these days. It felt nice, the change and the happy faces of her family members along with the weird giddiness that kept bubbling up in her stomach off late.

Atharv was handling the last minute decoration and guiding the caterers to how and when to serve the food.

While her father was looking after the guests, the groom's side of the people were staying here only.

Beds were arranged for a lot of people but thankfully the guests from groom side were staying in the same city either at the Dahiya house or in hotels so it was easier to accommodate the rest of them in the nearby guest house for the night.