Prelude

Started on: 2nd March 2024.
Finished on: 8th April 2024.
Word count: ~120000 words.

The name has been changed from “Only Yours - The Vow" to “The Sparks Of Love".

• • •

© All copyrights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places or incidents are a product of the author's imagination. Any resemblance with alive or dead is entirely coincidental.

Plagiarism is prohibited.

No part of this publication may be reproduced or stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without written permission of the publisher.

No translations or reposting on any other sites is allowed.

• • •

Languages used are English (97%) which is not my first language and Hindi —translation provided (barely 1% for the puns and details). Don't forget to read the footnotes at the end of every chapter if you don't know the meaning of some of the words that have been used.

•••

B l u r b

Nikshit was very late to have realized how stupid he was for coming here. Watching her chewing on her nails while muttering to herself wasn't as pleasant to the eyes as were the patties on his plate.

The combination of cheese, garlic and onion on the crispy bread with the combination of chilled soda with a slight burning sensation in the throat was savory. Nikshit almost got lost in the roundness of the plate he was eating from when there was a snap of fingers in front of his eyes.

A snap of fingers coated in breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs which flew in the air and fell on his plate. He wanted to run away without looking back. He should not have agreed to meet her today.

"Back to Earth, Dahiya."

He looked up with disgust written all over his face but it seemed like Maithili couldn't care any less. She wiped her fingers and crossed her arms before showing a grin that screamed 'you won't believe it but I have a great idea'.

"You can't marry me."

Of course he can't or he might go crazy within a month.

"Oh?"

"Yes. I have AIDS."

What the fuck?

"Go tell your parents that you can't marry me because I have AIDS." The statement led by a bright smile with a jump on her seat in excitement had Nikshit choking on his soda.

Eventually he felt it inside his nose as well when he tried to breathe. His eyes became watery and reddened. Maithili patted his back out of consideration and handed him a glass of water which still didn't help.

"Are you okay?" The coughing stopped but Nikshit couldn't wipe off the flabbergasted look from his face.

What is wrong with this girl!

He doesn't want to stay around her anymore!

She's crazy!

• • •

Nikshit × Maithili

• Nikshit × Maithili•

A/N

Hi there! (For the umpteenth time I know but also the last time I promise.🥲👍)

◕ Welcome to the very first arranged marriage trope I've ever penned down.

◕ The romance and intimate moments between the protagonists will not be rushed, there will be some light-hearted and dare I say, some funny encounters.

◕ The goal was to write something relatable and realistic so I really hope it hits home for you all.

◕ It's been revised so certainly there are some extra additions in the chapters here and there. Although if you do find any mistakes, feel free to point them out, they'll be rectified. :)

◕ I hope all the readers will be respectful when commenting on the characters or the author. Especially about the indecisiveness that's been happening lately with moving account and all that. It's disheartening for me too but let's see how it goes from here onwards.

◕ Please don't copy or plagiarize. It really takes a lot to be creative.

◕ The cast is up to the imagination of the readers as always. Do let me know who you're imagining as well.

◕ Don't forget to tap on the vote ☆ button and leave a comment. I'd love to read them.  It always makes my day and means a lot to know people are actually reading and enjoying.

— With lots of love!

~Rish♡