Chapter 6 - Diner

April 18, 2015

After one of our rehearsals on a Saturday morning and early afternoon, Michael asked me if I wanted to get a late lunch with him. I told him I would, so we walked to a nearby small diner.

"Get anything you want," he smiled. He was so polite and extremely nice to me all of a sudden. Why did I think he was an asshole before the tour?

We ordered and soon, our meals came out really hot. They looked terribly good, too.

I had ordered a burger, and it wasn't that big, but I was glad. Michael's burger was huge. He ate his burger in about half of the time I ate mine, though. We laughed as he finished the burger that was double the size of mine and I wasn't even halfway done with my small burger. He talked while I finished my burger.

"You're really going to like this tour. It's always really fun. My favorite part, personally, is when the crowd sings the lyrics back to you. It's just unbelievable. I love it," he smiled.

"That would be amazing. Usually my band plays at clubs or other places on random nights of the week, so it wasn't that great. That's why I'm excited for this tour because there will be so many more people. A lot of people might not know our songs, but maybe after the concert, they'll look us up. That's what I'm hoping," I thought about it for a while longer. It would be amazing if just half of the people at half of the concerts looked us up and started listening to us. Even if it was a quarter of the people at half of the concerts, that would still be great.

While thinking about that, I finished up my burger, and Michael paid before we left the diner. We began walking back towards our hotel. We talked a lot more about the tour because the hotel was a few blocks away.

"What are you most excited for during the tour?" He wondered.

"I really can't wait to travel the world, really. I want to see all of the different cultures and the different people, all who love your music. It's crazy how many fans you guys have," I couldn't fathom having that many fans. It would be so cool to have hundreds of thousands of fans, even millions.

"It's a little overwhelming sometimes. I'm surprised I haven't run into a fan yet or a paparazzi hasn't come up to any of the boys while we've been here," he chuckled a little.

"Wow. That would be a little crazy, having paparazzi constantly surrounding you. They're probably everywhere when you're in big cities like LA or in London or something."

"They are. It's like we can never get a break in big cities. I like the smaller towns. Big cities are nice, but I really like not having people following me around. Plus, small towns are usually really pretty, even prettier than most cities.

"Maybe my judgement is being clouded by the lack of paparazzi in smaller towns, but I really love going into smaller counties or areas where I'll be able to enjoy the place around me and not have to be locked in a hotel he whole time. Like I'm doing right now, I want to be able to walk around without being followed. That's the only downside about the band, other than not having much sleep, but I don't really mind that," he ended his rant. I thought it was beautiful, what he was saying about small towns in comparison to big cities.

We got closer to the hotel, only about a half of a block away when I asked the question that turned everything around.

"Why don't you like the boys in my band?" I wondered, just curious.

"Well, sometimes they can be real, like, brats. On Twitter, I'll post something and they'll comment 'you lying asshole' or 'you fake son of a bitch' or things like that. It's really annoying. They didn't know me personally until last week, so they shouldn't have commented those things. To be honest, I think they're the ones who are assholes and sons of bitches. All four of them," he spat.

I scoffed, "excuse me!? You're talking about my brother and three of my best friends. They don't like you because you don't like them. I bet you've commented something rude on each of our posts, on some social media."

"I have not!" He defended, walking into the elevator. I followed him.

"I know you've commented loads of shit on my Instagram posts, you and the other three boys in your band!" I exclaimed.

"I might've, but that was a while ago, before I really met you," he seemed to be semi-apologizing, or he was just trying to get out of this mess of a fight.

"That's when the other boys commented on your tweets and posts and you're calling them assholes and sons of bitches. Why all of a sudden are you, like, turned against me!?"

"Because you asked a fucking stupid question. Our bands hate each other, okay?" He groaned in frustration. We walked out of the elevator on our floor and walked towards our suites.

"I'm just trying to be nice to you but you have to call my four best friends terrible things for doing the same thing you do!" I yelled at him.

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!?" He screamed.

"MAKE ME!" I screamed back, and he grabbed my face before smashing his lips onto mine. I did not see that coming.