Chapter 10 - "You have a thing for lead guitarists don't you?"

The next day, at a rehearsal, one of the boys in Michael's band noticed Michael and me being closer than usual. I got scared that he would figure it out, and soon, everyone would know that we were together. I was just getting too worried.

"Hey, Michael.. Can I talk to you for a second?" Ashton asked Michael, and he nodded. Michael wasn't talking to me right at that moment, but he was near me, and I could hear their conversation.

"Michael, I've seen you hanging out with the girl, uh, Desiree a little. Is there, you know, something between you two? Or are you just trying to be nice?" He wondered. I really hoped Michael would cover.

"I'm just being nice, Ashton. Do you think I'd be with someone from that band!? Definitely not," I heard Michael spat. He was facing away from me at the moment, and he put his hands behind his back to make a heart towards me, then a thumbs up.

"Okay. It just seemed like you two were.. never mind. I did hear you guys fighting in the hallway yesterday. What was that about?" Ashton questioned.

"It was just a stupid fight. Don't worry about it," Michael dodged the question. I was glad.

"Sorry I asked," Ashton's head fell a little as he walked away.

Michael walked a few steps over to me. He asked, "did you hear any of that?"

"I heard all of it. Thank you," I smiled, going to grab his hand. I remembered that we were still in front of others. I couldn't.

"What's wrong, Desi?" Michael looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"Nothing.. I just forgot that we were still around other people. I was going to grab your hand and hold it, but I remembered that there are still people all around us. I don't want to give us away."

"Okay. You were okay with me saying I wouldn't date someone from your band?" He seemed to be worried about that because that was a slightly risky move.

"I was fine with it, Mikey. I saw the heart you made towards me and the thumbs up. It's okay. You don't have to worry. If you say things like that, I won't be offended. I know you're just lying to protect our relationship. It was a mutual agreement not to tell anyone."

"I just wasn't sure.. Thanks, babe," he smiled, making sure no one was around to hear him call me babe.

"You're welcome, Michael Gordon," I smirked at him, and he rolled his eyes. I could just tell that he knew ever since he told me his full name yesterday that he would regret it. I do like his full name, but I think it just sounds pretty grown up.

"You just loooove my middle name, dont you?" He joked. I nodded rapidly, grinning like a little kid. I giggled and went to grab his hand again, but stopped myself once more.

"I don't like hiding our relationship from the bands..."

"I know, baby, but we have to," he sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'll be fine. I'm just saying that I don't like not being able to hug you or kiss you or hold your hand while others are around. I mean, we can when Adam or Brayan are around, but if anyone else sees us, they'll flip out."

"I know," Michael nodded, sighing.

"Rehearsal will be over within about a half hour..." I smiled.

"We should go somewhere," Michael smirked.

"But the guys will get suspicious... Maybe we should take Brayan with us so they don't think we're going on a date."

"But then we won't be going on a date. And he'll think he's third-wheeling.."

"No, Brayan will be fine. He's like a brother to me. He won't feel bad."

"Now which one is Brayan, again? Dawson's the drummer, right?"

"Yes. Brayan is lead guitarist, like you."

"Okay. You have a thing for lead guitarists, don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, like, me and you... Brayan and you."

"We never dated. We're just really close."

"Well... Same thing. You're closer to him than the others, right?"

"Yeah, I am. Definitely."

"My point exactly. You're closest to both of the lead guitarists in our bands.."

"I know. I guess I do have a thing for the lead guitarists.." I smirked, "but I wouldn't date Brayan. We're too close."

"Good," Michael smiled, "so are we going to practice each of our last songs then ask Brayan to go with us somewhere?"

"Yeah. Where are we going?"

"I'm not sure yet."

We asked Brayan if he would come with us, and of course he said yes. I just hoped he wouldn't feel bad if it was mainly Michael and me hanging out together and not him. Maybe he would feel like he was third-wheeling?