It All Began

It was the first day of school. I was at my locker. I spun the padlock on my locker door, then turned around, clutching my books against my chest as usual. I was super early. I wanted to make a good impression on my new English teacher.

That's when my life started spinning. I turned around and literally nearly ran straight into his chest. Luck for me, I didn't, because that would've ruined my life forever. My jaw dropped. What was Jonah Bright doing at my locker? Obviously my thoughts became words.

"What are you doing at my locker?" I said, a little harsher than I meant.

He looked at me, his electric blue eyes sparkling. "Hey, Nicole, right?"

I was shocked. He knew my name?!

"You didn't answer my question. What do you want?"

He ran his hand through his hair. His eyes darted from one side to another, before he sighed. "Listen, Nicole," he began.

I tuned my ears in as he continued. "You know how I'm captain of the football team?" I nodded, duh! Just because I wasn't popular or had any friends, did not mean I wasn't updated! Actually I would consider myself pretty updated since I like to eavesdrop.

"Well, the thing is, that, um, I keep that position unless I drop out, or if my grades," he stopped, his eyes wandering again. "If my grades go below a C."

I squinted my eyes. What did this have to do with me? My eyes darted to the clock hanging on the wall. Ugh, I'm going to be late.

"And, last year, my math grades were a C minus, along with my English, and Social Studies. And I think they're only going to get worse. So, I know you're a tutor," he hesitated.

At that moment I could almost predict what he was going to say. And let me tell you, I was right. Those words keep drilling me in the head.

"Do you think you could help me boost my grades?" He said, looking at me sheepishly.

I remember my head felt like it was throbbing. My childhood bull's best friend wanted me to help him? Memories of the countless times Kyle bullied me ran through my head, like I was watching a film called "The Sad Life Of Nicole Kingsley", and Jonah was always there, witnessing it with his own eyes, never saying anything. And now he wants my help.

I rubbed my eyes with my hand, then ran my fingers through my hair. Lots of the idiots I taught last year did move. And I did want the latest Mortal Instruments coming out in November...

I sighed, sticking out my hand. "Fine", I said, shaking Jonah's hand. It was huge, just to tell you. And I always thought my hands were big.

And with that, he turned around and disappeared into the crowd of seniors, as if the conversation never existed. As if I never existed.

Then I clutched my books tighter against my chest, and took a deep breath. What have I just done?

♡♡♡

Hellooooo!!! So sorry this parted was very short... :'( Most of my writing is like that.

If I had any grammar mistakes, or any mistakes actually, please leave a comment down below!! Please tell me where it is as well!! I really don't mind if you guys criticize me....

If you like this story so far, please comment below or vote. The support really does help!!

Thank you though for at least reading my writing!! If you know anyone who might like it, please suggest it to them!!

XOXO
Bia ♡♡

Cover credits: