Back to Normal - The Bullied Life of Nicole Kingsley

After two days of being harassed by Jonah, he finally let me go. I didn't talk to him, nor did he talk to me. I was back to my usual self: Nikki the Nerd. It was like I'd never existed. Or Jonah had never even talked to me. I'd passed him in the hall a couple of times today, but he'd merely even look at me. Kyle hadn't stopped bullying me either.

"Nikki the nerd, Nikki the nerd," he sang as he passed me during lunch. I looked up at him, glaring at him through my glasses. "Loner again, loner again," he continued. I didn't protest. After nine years living like this, it was completely normal. Nothing weird at all. What so ever. I still don't know what made Kyle hate me so much. Actually, I don't even know why he knows I even exist. So many girls would kill if Kyle even knew their name. Well, let's just say girls, Kyle knows my name. Oh, boy, does he know... just in the worst way possible.

I still remember in pre-school, I seriously did nothing to Kyle, and he made a big fuss over it, like he was a wus. That's literally what I'd called him: a wus. I wasn't sure what that meant at the time, but Tony always called me that when I didn't want to do something. Obviously, the teacher didn't really like a four-year-old girl calling another four-year-old boy a "wus", so I did get in some trouble...

"What are you doing?" Kyle snickered at me while I was hanging upside down from a tree.

"Hanging from a tree," I replied bluntly.

"But you're a girl," he replied, emphasising the word "girl". Oh, by the way, I wouldn't call myself a feminist, but I don have a sore spot with sexism.... So, head's up, that got on my nerve.

"So? That doesn't mean I can't hang upside down from a tree," I said defensively. "And I bet you can't do it."

"Bet I can," he replied, putting his hands on his hips.

"Then. Do. It." I said, challenging him. I watched as Kyle's face scrunched up. "What are you waiting for? Scared?"

"No," he said, "I just don't wanna do it."

"You're such a—" I remember the feeling of the word lingering on my tongue. Back then, in pre-school, my vocabulary wasn't the best. I searched my head for a word. Big baby? No. Then I remembered Tony teasing me for being a wus, and even though I didn't know what it meant, I said it.

"A wus."

At that moment, I knew Kyle had no idea what that meant, but he assumed it was negative. And let me tell you, he assumed right. He went over to the teacher, fake tears filling his eyes. He tattle-tailed on me, and the teacher made me apologise. It took a while for her to get it out of me. I was a stubborn kid. Actually, I'm still stubborn. Back then, Kyle was a jackass, but now? I don't even know where to start.

Looking back at "little me", back in pre-school, I already was irritated at Kyle. Now? It's been multiplied by like 1000. Seriously. And guess what? I think the feelings mutual. Actually, I know it. Kyle hates me, and I hate him back. That's not going to change.

I got swept back into reality when the back of my shoe got caught on something as I was taking a step. I tripped, regaining my balance by sticking out my left foot. Thankfully I didn't fall. Thankfully I didn't tumble to the ground, like before. I turned around, automatically knowing who it was.

Kyle Parkers.

That damn boy.

I looked up at him, staring hard at his miserable face. I glared at him, giving him the death stare.

"Gotta work on balance, Nerdy," he said, before turning away, returning to where ever he was going. Everyone was staring at me. They probably were wondering why this girl with the black glasses was such a klutz. Well, let me tell you people, I'm not a klutz. They wouldn't understand my grief. Only a true enemy of Kyle Parkers would understand.

And so far, I'm the only one.

<><><>

HELLOOOOOO EVERYONE!!! >.< 

Sorry, I was kinda stuck on ideas.... but  I finally coughed something up! I hope that you guys will like this section (and again, APOLOGIES for it being super short! ) :'( 

Thanks so my new follower: @ChloeLang03 ; you guys should totally check her out... she has a fanfic on Percy Jackson (<3) which will be on my "read next" list!! 

The support is amazing guys!! I know I only have had like 22 reads, but to me, that's heaps for a story written by myself! If you know anyone that might like this story, please please PLEASE recommend it to them! I really wanna get my story known.... 

Also, please feel free to comment below, because I absolutely LOVE to know what you guys think!!