Little Miss Drama Queen

I sat in the cafeteria. My book was open in front of me, and I was happily reading as I munched away on my lunch.

I sat alone, in the corner. If I wanted to, I could easily watch everyone in the cafeteria. The Populars were in the middle. They had pulled two tables together, so that they're gang could be together. Around them? Their fan club. Those girls were so dumb. Ugh.

But that lunch, I have to admit, was quite entertaining. The Populars can put on quite a show. Samantha, the cheer captain, was promenantly known for her, um, how do I put this nicely? Drama skills? No. Well anyways, she was dating Jonah. Until that happened.

"Why?" She whined so loudly, I could hear it from the other side of the cafeteria. "You never spend any time with me!"

I rolled my eyes. How drama queen-ish. I looked at Jonah to see his response, but couldn't quite hear it, since he didn't talk nearly as loud as Samantha.

Looking at his lips, I think I could make out what he said.

"I do Samantha. I just don't spend all my time with you."

Samantha obviously didn't take that well. "No! You hate me don't you? You hate me!! That's it!! You hate me!" She whined, tears coming to her eyes. Ugh. She was so annoying.

"You know what Samantha?" Jonah shouted, his temper obviously getting the better of him. "Maybe I do hate you! Okay?" He spat in her face. "I have a life, unlike you."

And with that, Jonah just got up, walking out of the cafeteria. I saw a couple of girls wanting to get up to follow him, as if it was their big chance to speak to Jonah. But no one did.

We all watched as that golden blonde head disappeared behind the glass doors of the cafeteria.

At that moment I actually had pity on Jonah. But then again, that's his fault for even dating that stupid Samantha. And it was his choice to hang out with the Populars. At that moment, I actually felt happy I had no friends. It was like no one could control me or change me.

I was just me. Surviving the life of high school alone.

•••
After eating, I went to the library. That was one place I did belong. The librarians knew me. They let me cut the waiting line for books. I wanna sound modest, but I have to admit, they love me.

"Hello Nikki," Mrs. Keogh greeted as I walked in. I looked up from my book and smiled at her.

"Reading again? May I ask what?"

I lifted up my book showing her the cover: Pride and Prejudice.

"Ahh, a good one I must admit. Crushing on Mr. Darcy are you dear?" She teased.

I smiled and shook my head, "No ma'am."

So I went in and sat on my special bean bag. No one ever dared to take my spot. I leaned against the wall, sinking slowly into the bag.

"Psst," a voice whispered. I looked up from my book, and saw his electric blue eyes sparkling at me.

"What?!" I whispered harshly.

"Just felt like saying hi," Jonah shrugged.  I rolled my eyes. Ugh. Well he won't leave until I talk, so I might as well start.

I searched my mind for a topic, until my nosy-ness took over my mouth. "You put on quite at show back there," I began. Oh no. Good one Nicole.

"Yeah," Jonah said uneasily, "was it too much?"

I looked up, thinking of an answer. I didn't wanna be mean. "Nah," I said, watching his eyes wash over with relief.

"She's really -" Jonah stopped in mid sentence. I saw his mouth start shaping the word but nothing came out.

"Annoying?" I finished for him. He looked at me and nodded.

"They all can be." He added.

That caught me of guard. Did he mean all of his Popular friends?

"Then why do you hang out with them?" I asked, not thinking about what I had just said. I bit my lip.

"Because I know deep down inside, they're good people."

I looked at him, to check I'd he was joking, but his face looked solemn. I smiled at him, not knowing what to say.

"I think we have to go," I said, watching the other kids pack up.

"Yeah, cya Nikki." He said as he got up.

I followed, and as soon as we got out of the library door, we went separate ways.

♡♡♡
Hello!!! So thanks for reading.... I tried especially hard to make this section as long as possible, and totally strained my brain during Biology... (it also helped my block out my stupid teacher yakking at me for not doing my homework...)

Hopefully, you guys agree that this section is longer, and please like it if  you think I should continue to make my stories longer...

Thanks to my new follower: @ekbus456. I love you guys soooooo much!! And thanks for reading my book!!!!

XOXO
Bia ♡♡

Cover credits: @wannabea-