He's Back, and He asked me Out

Where the hell was he? He hadn't been in school for a long time, and I was beginning to get worried. I mean, not like I like him or anything, just worried for his wellbeing. You know, as a nice person. In fact, everyone in school was beginning to get restless. The boys on the team began to worry since they had a big game on Friday and couldn't play without Jonah. The popular girls? The kept clinging themselves to Jonah's friends, asking the same question again and again - 'Where's Jonah?' in their stupid high pitch, flirtatious voices. Ugh, *rolls eyes*.

It was an anxious buzz that ran around the school. I bet even the teachers could feel his presence being empty. They probably noticed the note passing stopped, or the paper airplanes hitting them in the back of the head began to be more seldom.

Then, he finally came back. Monday morning, after two weeks. Standing right there in the middle of a crowd of teenagers, all flocking over him asking where he has been. Samantha clung onto him, keeping a tight grip around his forearm. As if making sure he wouldn't dare to go anywhere without her.

I couldn't help staring. It had been a while since I'd seen him, and the obnoxious crowd surrounding him didn't help. Then, his eyes flickered, and met mine.

Instinctively, I darted my eyes away, looking at my feet, until I told myself that he had definitely seen me, and would make me look so idiotic if I pretended not to be looking at him. Reluctantly, I looked at him again, and could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

I brushed my bangs from my head sheepishly.

He smirked, then winked at me. He pushed Samantha's hand off of his arm, using quite a lot of force since her grip was so damn fast, and waded through the crowd, heading straight at me.

I could feel everyone's attention switch to me. Samantha was practically shooting laser beams through my head from her eye sockets for "stealing her boyfriend". I gulped.

'Hey,' he said, and taking my arm guided me away from the locker area, away from the crowds.

<><><>

'So,' Jonah started, stretching out the 'o'. 'Uh, thanks for canceling last minute.'

I shrugged, 'No biggie. It just means more time to studying for myself.'

He chuckled. 'Yeah, yeah. I guess I forgot you were a nerd.'

I shot him a glare from behind my glasses. He stopped laughing. I guess that was because he was seriously intimidated by me, which was a good thing. That made me laugh.

'What?' he asked me, jokingly, obviously knowing why I was laughing. I shook my head, as if to say nothing.

'Anyways,' he continued, 'being more mature, I want to thank you.'

I cocked an eyebrow. 'Why?'

'Because you aren't like everyone else, that bugs me to death until I answer all their questions,' he said, his accent lifting the end of the phrase, making it sound like a question.

'Again, no biggie.'

'No seriously, thanks.'

'Your welcome. Now is this all we're gonna talk about? 'Cause, like, I've gotta go to class.'

That made him laugh again. 'Yeah, yeah. Alright. Going on. I was, uh, wondering if, I don't know,' he said, scratching his head. 'Um, go out tonight? 'Cause like, I was gonna go to a party, but pulled the "need to study" card, but actually don't want to. So, I thought, you probably were the person to go to if I needed to find somewhere quiet and, uh, unseen by my friends."

There was a short pause, and then he jumped into defence, 'I mean, like, no that I'm forcing you. Just like if you want to.'

I cocked an eyebrow, trying to keep my smirk inside.

'Please?' he pleaded, as if he desperately needed this favour. I had already known my answer before, the bubbly feeling tingling inside me, but I just wanted to see him plead - for me. It was something no one had ever done.

I laughed. Then nodded, feeling bad for him.

'Cool, so see you after school?'

<><><>

Hellloooooo!!

So if you liked this, vote and comment!! Sorry for not updating in forever...

XOXO

Bia