What Would Mr. Popular Want?

When I got home, my phone buzzed. First I thought it would be from dad.

Will be back late, tell ur mom. Nite2 princess. That message was familiar. He sent that often, when he hadn't finished his work. But this time, it wasn't dad.

Jonah. Jonah Bright; the creepy stalker guy from school.

Hey, wanna talk?

I stared at the types message. Jonah wanted to talk to me? No. Maybe it was meant to be sent to Samantha.

I slowly typed the message, using a single finger.

What about?

Instantly, he replied.

Dunno. Anything I guess.

I stared at the message. Then the screen on my phone changed, a single green button on the left, and a red on the right. I wanted to decline his call. I had better things to do, like my math homework.

I don't know why I picked up, but my finger smoothly reached out, tapping the green button. I picked up my phone, putting it to my ear.

"Hey Nicole."

I stopped. What should I say? "Um, hey. Why'd you call?"

"Bored. I guess. And I wanted to ask you about the tution."

I stopped. The tution. I had completely forgot about that. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Um, what day are you free?" He asked.

I bit my lower lip, something I did when I was thinking, or I was stressed. I ran over my schedule. "Monday and Thursday."

Jonah was silent. I guess he was checking over his own timetable. "I'm good on Thursday. That okay with you?"

"Yep." I said, pulling a pillow over my lap.

"Nikki! Where are you?" My mom called from the kitchen.

I pulled my phone away from my mouth, so Jonah wouldn't hear my shouting. "In the living room," I yelled back.

Mom poked her head around the door, looking at me holding my phone. "Who were you talking to honey?"

I hesitated. What should I say? If I say a boy, she'd tease me about crushing over him. "Someone I tutor," I said shrugging my shoulders.

Mom cocked her eyebrow. "Are you lying to me Nikki?"

I straightened my face, "no, it's someone I tutor." Obviously mom bought that, or she wasn't bothered to dig.

"Fine," she said briefly, returning to the kitchen.

I picked up my phone again, Jonah hadn't left.

"Hey, you know I'm paying for this call, right?" He asked teasingly.

"Well that's your fault you called me in the first place." I said, "and you could've hung up by now."

"Nah, because you kight not pick up the second time." That was true. I wouldn't have.

"So Thursday?" I asked, going back to the topic."

"Yah," he replied, "starting next week?" He asked.

"Yep," I said, scribbling Jonah's name in my planner. "Thursday it is."

We were silent for a while, until he broke the ice. "Nicole," he began. "What should I do about Samantha?"

I was shocked. He was asking me for love advice? I didn't want to be mean, so I tried to give my best advice possible.

"Just ignore her. If she really likes you, she'll come back."

After that he was silent. Had I said something wrong? I was starting to get nervous, until he said something something. "Nicole?"

"Uh-huh?"

"You know what I want the most?"

I didn't answer him. How would I know? A car? A new phone? I don't know! I kept quiet, ideas flooding through my head. A skateboard? A gun? Money? Finally he answered me.

"A long lasting relationship."

♡♡♡
Heyyy...
So I figured this section was super short, and I'm sincerely sorry... :'(

I was in a rush today (had a math assignment today) and was totally rushed, but needed to write since I had an idea...

If you think what Jonah said at the end was cute (which I totally will agree!!) please leave a comment below... P.S. that was what one of my guy friends said.... so credits to him....

This section was dedicated to one of my favourite authors on Wattpad @seakissed... you'd probably see her book "Battle of the Captains" in my reading list/library. I think Kody and Austin are super cute!! And you guys should totally read that book! ! ♡♡

Also, I posted another book called Must Read Books!! about undiscovered books I love... I haven't finished my list, so keep updated!!

XOXO
Bia ♡♡