Chapter 26

A/N: GO READ HER STORIES kloflow12 wazzzzup8 bubblycupcake7 exeptions

2 DAYS LATER..

Today, is Trè's funeral. It's probably going to be the saddest day of my life. While everyone else is getting dressed and prepared for the funeral, I'm over here still in my pjs, dreading the day. I eventually get up and do my routine. I curled my hair, brush through it, and leave it down. Even though, we're
celebrating something sad, I had to dress up cute. Sooo today I'm wearing:

I go downstairs to see everyone in their funeral attire

I go downstairs to see everyone in their funeral attire. Everyone looks up at me while I'm walking downstairs and gives me individual hugs. While I'm hugging them, Michelle then says: "Gosh! I can't imagine what you're going through!" I know that's the truth. But I wonder how Lyric's feeling? I bet she feels worse than I do...

Lyric's POV
"I C-CANT DO THIS!" I cry, collapsing to the ground. My stepmom runs in and gets on the ground to cuddle with me.

"Lyric." She begins. "There are all types of hardships that comes in life. Who knew that this was going to happen? No one. So just breathe in and out." I then take a deep breath and breathe out heavily.

"Now, all you need to worry about is you and that precious baby boy of yours in the room next to you." I smile a bit, and hug her.

"Thanks so much. I really needed it. I guess I'll start getting ready we have two hours before its time to go." She then leaves my room and I walk up to my mirror.

"Lyric you can do this.. J-just remember to do this for you and your son." I smile and begin getting ready. Today I'm wearing:

I then head towards Leon's room and carry him downstairs

I then head towards Leon's room and carry him downstairs. We ate our breakfast silently and headed to the car. When we arrived to the church, it was only a few people there. So Leon and I sat inside playing with each other. After awhile, people came inside and I started to make conversation with some of Trè's family members. Finally, I see Aaliyah and her family.

Aaliyah's POV
So, today's the day. I can get this over with, just say your speech and then we are outta here, I thought to myself.

"Aaliyah. You alright?" Marcus asks.

"Y-yea." I clear my throat. "I'm just fine." I walk inside the church to see Lyric and Leon, with their family.

"Hey," I walk over to them.

"Hey!" She pulls me into a hug and let's me greet little Leon.

"So, how are you feeling?" Lyric asks.

"Just fine! A little bit nervous but just fine!" I say. She then begins laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"No need for you to be nervous! You got this, just speak from your heart." She says sincerely. Then, we begin talking about the fun times we both had we Trè and play with Leon until it's time for the service to start.

It began with a few men bringing in Trè's casket. Wooden with white roses on top, reminding me of the flowers he gave me when he asked me out.

FLASHBACK

After fifth period, I went to my locker and grabbed my PE clothes. When I closed my locker, I saw Marcus and Brianna kissing by her locker.. I turned around to see Trè with my favorite flowers, roses, white roses.

"Can I get everyone's attention?" Trè yelled. Everyone's eyes were on Trè. "Aaliyah Mare Carson, will you do the honor of being my girlfriend and going on a date with me tonight?" He asked, confidently.

Everyone was in awe, including some the boys. "Yes, yes, yes, and yes!" I screamed. He picked me up and twirled me around, kissing me on the lips while everyone cheered and clapped.

FLASHBACK ENDED

I smiled a bit, while Pastor Williams said his scripture and let the family members talk. First was Trè's parents. They recalled Trè's childhood, the welcoming of Leon, and Lyric and I. Then, Lyric spoke. She recalled the first time they met and the little things that he would do for her, that she loved so much. Her speech was the one that teared everyone up, including me.

Eventually it was my turn. I walked up to the podium, and stared at all the people there. I looked in the front row to see Trè's mother weeping and his father trying to console her. Right next to them, I see Lyric tearing up cuddling her baby boy. I then look over at Marcus, who smiles at me which makes me feel a bit better.

I begin looking at my notecards and read: "Hello everyone. I'm Aaliyah Carson. I'm a "special" friend of Trè."

I hear little laughs here and there.

"That's right! Trè was the love of my life and for many reasons. He was caring, handsome, and knew how to make you feel at ease. Now, although he hasn't always told the whole truth, he was perfect to me.
And that's very hard to hear, coming from someone like me. I feel as if we've gone through so much throughout these few months. Especially, with our ups and downs. I will forever be in love with Trè and leave him, ingrained on my heart forever. Although he's gone, I'm not saying goodbye just yet. He is and always will be with us in spirit. May he forever live on in our hearts, and give Lyric the strength to take care of their beautiful baby boy, and give their parents the strength strive through life without him." I then step off the podium and head back to my seat. Everyone stood up and cheered me on, making me tear up.

The rest of the service was peachy keen. Everyone said their speeches, there was a slideshow of his life, and we went outside to burry him. Lyric dropped a white rose, his parents dropped a rose too, and then I did the same. This would be my final farewell to him until next time. I then felt someone come up behind me.

"You'll be alright, Aaliyah." Marcus says, rubbing my shoulders.

"I know. I'll just miss him so much."

"It'll be alright. You have Michelle, your Dad, Lyric, so many friends, and most importantly you have me." He says, which makes me smile.

"God, I wish I could kiss you right now." I whisper. He then pulls me into a hug, and then we walk over to parents.

When we get home, it's about 4pm so I just put on some joggers and a crop top. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling daydreaming. What a day.