Chapter 29

Aaliyah's POV
Today is the day of the wedding! Since I spent the night with Marisa, I had to wake up early. Luckily, her mother didn't mind taking me home.

"Thanks so much!" I tell her.

"It's all good! Have fun at the wedding." She answers back. She drives off, with me waving behind. I enter the house to see my Dad packing his things.

"Oh my gosh, Dad! W-where are you going?!" I ask, thinking he was leaving her.

"It's bad luck to see the bride in their wedding dress." He replied. I stood there looking stupid as ever.

"Oh. Ok then. We'll see you at the wedding." I kissed his cheek and ran upstairs to get ready. I took a shower, did my hair and began my makeup. It was a process, but it came out looking awesome! Finally I put on my bridesmaid dress:

 It was a process, but it came out looking awesome! Finally I put on my bridesmaid dress:

I walked downstairs to see majority of the bridal party and the bride herself.

"Well don't you look beautiful!" Michelle exclaimed.

"Thanks but it's your day. You look like your glowing! Especially with that cute baby bump." I complimented. She had on the most beautiful look:

Who would've thought this day would come especially, for my father

Who would've thought this day would come especially, for my father. But, surprisingly, I'm really excited and can't wait for her to be my stepmom. I began talking with Lyric since she came with her stepmom. It was finally time to go to the venue, so we got a role call and went inside the limo.

Once we got there, we all went into the bridal suite to relax a bit before it was showtime. I had to get some fresh air, so I told them I'll be back. I walked outside to see Marcus.

"Hey Marcus."

"Hey." He said, staring in the distance.

"I'm sorry about what happened last night." I said, quietly. He turned to me, and grabbed my by the face to kiss me. I relished the kiss so much, that I forgot that we were at our parents wedding. I pulled away, lightheaded.