Chapter 6

Jeremy

"I will go down now and close the door. If you have time maybe you can teach me a few things for the security of your daughter while I am here. I promise to protect you both as long as I live." I sincerely promised Sandra.

I can't explain my feelings that suddenly I have this sense of protectiveness towards her.......towards them both. Maybe because she helped me and up to now even how doubtful she is I can see how she protects me. I know she's telling it's because of her daughter but still I sense care from her towards me. Maybe because we are partners before. As she tells me, she watched my back and I watched hers.

If only I can remember who I am and what I really do. I don't want to be a burden to her but if I go the more it will be dangerous to her and to me. I may be facing my enemy and I don't know.

And that old lady. She seems familiar. According to Sandra, I personally gave that contact number to her. It is not from the association. The old lady wants out but still she's helping us. What's her purpose? Can she be trusted? As Sandra said, she doesn't have much choice as of now.

Maybe we can talk sometime and she can help me remember things. I must rest and gain my strength back. I must remember.

*****************

I woke up with sweats all over my body. I am panting. I dreamt that I am running in dark fields with blood trickling down my body. I tore my clothes to tie and press on the wounds. They must not be able to trace me through my blood. I must mislead them.

Who are they? Probably they are the people from my last encounter before I lost my memory.

I stand up and drink water from the small ref Sandra provided me. I smiled at the sight of some cans of beer inside. I think she knows me well. Maybe I used to like this before. She even provided me with these things obviously not useful for a recovering patient but really useful with a bewildered mind. One drink will do to relax my nerves.

Shit I must remember!

I open the TV and sip my beer. The cold bitter taste run through my throat. Somehow it's quenching. I can't go back to sleep. It's 11 past night now. Maybe she's still awake. Maybe she can patch some stories for me to remember things in the past. She was my partner after all.

I put on my shirt and decide to go up. I will be discreet to hide from the little girl. I wandered through the living room looking at the baby pictures on the side table. I pick one picture with Sandra and her daughter. They both look beautiful. She got her mother's brunette straight hair and her dimples that made them both adorable. Her eyes maybe from her father. It's not the same emerald eyes that Sandra has. Her blue eyes really make her more adorable cute girl.

"I can't believe it. You are still stubborn as you are." I soft nagging voice snap at my back.

"Hi. Sorry I can't sleep."

"And that gives you the excuse to roam around my house?"

"You know I am here?........oops sorry for asking. I know this house is pretty wired up."

"Yeah, I still did not put you in the system so you are still considered intruder and please you are disturbing my sleep."

"Perhaps I can make coffee and you can patch me with some things to help me remember?"

"Fine, make coffee and I will go and check on Melissa. I don't want her to see you around. She's a very intelligent girl and can't be fooled around."