Chapter 29

3 months after.......

Sandra

I glance at my phone once in a while. I am glad that for the past three months I was never bothered by any alarm. I can't help it. I am still paranoid about Zaidan. He is still alive. Even he is somewhere in a remote place where they keep him, he is still Zaidan. He can still make ways to escape.

I look at the house once again before I secure Melissa's seatbelt. It's time for us to leave the place where she was born. I already packed all our things. We have to move out from here. Maybe we can start a new life in another place away from here. I should have decided it during the first month when we came back but I know Madam Grace and Tina still wants to see Melissa. Anyway, I plan to inform them of the new place. I choose one of the secret property my parents left me and I know it is a good place. I am sure, Dad already prepared the place. I will just have to upgrade its security details.

I want to cut any connections with all of them to live a normal life but Madam Grace pleaded. She wants to see Melissa and I can't deny her happiness. She's old and just want to live happy in her remaining days. I can't deny how she loves my baby and how she sacrificed just to bring down Zaidan for the benefit of many.

My mind is preoccupied that I did not notice the car that parked in front of the house. My heart starts to accelerate. I covered Melissa. I held my gun inside my jacket. Whoever is in that car surely wants to visit us or do harm. I just hope they are not from Zaidan.

A familiar figure stepped out from the car. I felt relieved that we are still safe.

"Alex."

Or not.........

I look at Jeremy who is rushing towards me. I can feel his uneasiness.
His eyes looking at me sternly, full of questions.....full of uncertainties.

He called me Alex. Did he really remember now?

"Daddy Jeremy!" Melissa squealed with joy. Jeremy excitedly open the door and took her from the car sit. They hug each other. He kiss her cheeks and nose and my daughter giggled with delight.

Now his attention went back to me. He is still carrying Melissa in his arms.

Another car pulled and Tina came down. How these people know that we are leaving?

"Tina!" Melissa squeeze herself down from Jeremy and run towards Tina. As usual she peppered her with kisses. She wave her hand. I think she sensed that me and Jeremy will have serious talk, she took Melissa inside the house.

"Alex?" He repeated waiting for my response.

"Look, Jeremy. It's not me ............who should tell about her."

"Why can't you?" he looks at me with accusing eyes. "And where exactly are you going?" He look at the open trunk and the other luggage I am about to put.

Why can't I?

Damn!

I look down. I can't meet his eyes after everything that happened. "Fine. I don't have the courage to face again the past. Jeremy. I am very sorry. But it's insignificant information in your life," I try to smile, "Alex is your past not your future so I think it is better we leave it that way."

"Damn! How sure are you it is insignificant? It is significant! Not unless it is not to you."

Shit! He can now remember............everything.