10. The Footsteps

I've been walking for awhile now, and I swear these footsteps are either in my imagination or an echo that I've been circling around aimlessly. I swear if another person tries to seduce me I'm going to laugh at them and just walk away. Wait, where am I going? Why do I need to follow some stupid footsteps? 

Isn't there something I'm supposed to do today?

... 

No.. I cant remember. I'm just curious to find out who's running around. If I stop moving and listen for a minute I could hear whispering. Or is that my imagination? It feels like the deeper into this castle I get, the darker it become and the less lanterns there are lining the walls. I came to a halt as I heard a scream in the distance. I started running, someone could be in trouble! I took a right, wait! I skidded to a stop. I looked at the floor. 

The floor is darker here, this is weird. Like the light can't pass this invisible line, there are no lanterns beyond this point. I heard another scream, it was louder now so I must be going in the right direction. I stepped over the line of darkness, the air immediately felt heavy and hot. I kept running but I felt like I was moving upside down on the ceiling. 

Oh god this is weird. 

The screaming got even louder. There was a light at the end of the hallway a faint light cut into the darkness as it peeked out from under the door in front of me. I reached for the handle. I stopped suddenly.

 I could feel heat radiate from the handle. I tapped it cautiously to see of it would burn me, but surprisingly it didn't. I grabbed it and turned it but the door wouldn't budge. I slammed my shoulder into it and fell into the room. I hit my head on the stone floor my vision darkened for a second and then returned. I blinked, trying to shake the upside down feeling. The door slowly closed behind me. 

Come on! Shake it off! Stand up! 

 I willed myself to stand as I got up on my knees and tried to breathe. The air was heavier in here, it smelled like a mixture of smoke and blood. The coppery smell strangely made me hungry. 

That's awful! what am I thinking?...

 I rubbed my eyes and saw a room full of bare naked ladies. They were laying all over a giant, circular, red velvet bed. I estimated at least twenty or so. 

Some of them were making out others were drinking something red out of chalices. I watched as one of the women sucked on another's breasts. They were moaning in delight. The woman in the middle of the huge red velvet bed got up, licking her lips. She looked at me, sniffing the air and said;

"A demon?.. Maybe... No... Vampire... no... Mmmmm a human. You don't smell like a normal human. Quite interesting. Delicious even." The room got quiet as everyone's attention turned to me.

 She giggled with another woman that was laying on the bed amongst the pile of naked bodies. She said; 

"Not many humans come to Ceridel, what are you doing here?"

 I got up from the floor stumbling backwards and into the door, I spoke slowly as I searched for the door knob;

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your... your session. I'm just lost. I think I made a wrong turn somewhere." I found the door knob then continued by saying; 

"I'll be going now, I'm really sorry to interrupt."

 I turned the knob, but it wouldn't budge. A wave of panic sent chills down my spine. 

I just used this door! Why isn't it working now?! 

The strange woman that got up from the bed walked towards me. She has pale white skin and long black hair. Her giant breasts were bouncing with every step. Her beautiful naked body was   on full display. I blushed, trying to be polite. I looked away from her amazing breasts and into her bright, red eyes. Trying very hard to only look at her eyes. She laughed saying;