11. The Spy

I'm going to be training with Ethan today. Or at least he's going to try and teach me. He has never taught a baby vampire. I'm obviously not a baby but they insist on calling me that because of how young I am compared to them. It was kind of like I was reborn, but it feels more like I just died... I'm standing in this giant sparing room. It's in the attic area of the castle. 

The golden light was seeping in through the huge windows that have old sheets thrown over them. I can see the dust floating in the air, and smell the old wood. This room was humongous with 30 foot wood pillars to support the arched ceiling. Honestly I'm nervous about all this. I was never really good at any sport. 

I crack my knuckles and look at. Ethan he said; 

"Done examining the room?" I looked at the walls, just a smorgasbord of weapon racks with all types of weapons. Most of which I have never seen before! There were no guns however... I responded after a large hesitation and one more scan of the room. 

"Yeah...so what are we learning today master?" 

"Hah Hah, master huh? I like that." He winked, my face felt warm as He said; 

"Okay so we will start with the basics since you know nothing. I'll be observing your strength level since you're a vamp now. You will be stronger." 

"You ready?" 

"No Cori, are you ready?" 

"Um yeah." I saw a blur in a split second and next thing I know I'm on the ground with a bloody nose. 

"Wow okay..." I grabbed my nose. My hand came away sticky with a crimson liquid. I looked up and glared at Ethan as I exclaimed;

"You little shit! I wasn't ready." 

"Hah Hah, you said you were babe." 

He offered to help me up, but I pushed his hand out of the way. I said; 

"I see how it is! Alright, bring it!" I knew immediately that was a bad idea. I came at him swinging with my right fist. He ducked, sweeping his leg across the floor. I fell backwards again. He said; "You're too slow." 

"I know I am, I can't even see you!" 

"Really? Why don't you focus more, get your head in the game!" He slapped the side of my head as he helped me up. 

"Okay I'll try." He pointed at me. 

"Never just try, fuckin do it man! Grow some balls." I honed in on just him. Zoning out everything else. I focused on him. His breathing, the slightest muscle movement, the way his body swayed. "Okay I'm ready, give me your all." He jolted forward, I matched him by jumping back. We danced for a minute bobbing our heads a little. 

I started to swing with my left hand but stopped just before I made contact with his face as I brought up my right fist and punched him in the gut. He head butt me in defense. I stumbled back holding my eye brow that was now split open and stinging. I charged him but way faster than before. I didn't even know I could move that fast. I tackled him I was on top of him holding his shirt ready to punch him in the face when he kicked me off. I flew back at least 10 feet! I hit a pillar and slid down it, hitting the ground with a thud. I grunted and jumped up. 

Ethan walked towards me. When he got within reach I swung at him. He dodged my swing, grabbing my arm and twisting it around my back. He jerked me down to the ground, wrapping his legs around my neck putting me in a headlock. I grunted with effort as I squirmed and pushed, but he wouldn't budge. I could see the darkness taking over as my vision faded. I choked and gagged. I was gasping for air. I pulled on his leg as I tried saying his name, but I could barely make a noise.