chapter two

*tyler's pov*

I awoke on Josh's floor. Josh was my best friend and band mate, I can't remember the last time we weren't together, honestly. I hate when we aren't together. I hate being alone and with Josh everything feels okay.

I got up realizing I had school and Josh was already down stairs. I checked my phone to see multiple texts from my girlfriend, Alex. She was mad at me, again, I just ignored the texts and put my phone down on the floor. I used my arms to lift my body off the ground and I drowsily walked towards the bathroom to brush my teeth. I was only about a foot away from the door when Josh's sister, Cassidy, busted out and ran straight into me. She seemed upset.

"Oh s-sorry" she said as she quickly put her head down. Before I could say anything back, she had already entered her room and closed the door. Hm. Weird.

Cassidy was short and very pretty. She had blond wavy long hair. Her body was very small and frail and her clothes hung very loose. Her clothes used to fit her fine until a couple years ago. Even then she was pretty small. But since we entered high school weight steadily dropped off of her. She clearly had an eating disorder but Josh and his parents are sorta oblivious. I choose to stay quiet about it because it's not my business. She's only a year younger than Josh and I but ever since I met her I thought of her as "Josh's baby sister". I guess 16 isn't such a baby now. I never really have ever tried to talk to her when she would hang out with Josh and I. She's cool though. And sweet. She's pretty funny too. For some reason I just never felt the need to talk to her since I was there to hang out with Josh, not her.

After I finish brushing my teeth, I threw on clothes and went down stairs to find Josh. He was in the kitchen talking quietly with his mom.

"I don't know what's up with her." Josh said to his mom. I guessed they were talking about Cassidy.

"She's dropping weight like crazy," his mom said then looking up, noticing I had entered the room.

I thought about my encounter that I had just had with Cassidy while they talked, but then Cassidy came in. Josh and his mom immediately stopped talking and changed their focus onto Cassidy. They made it pretty obvious to Cassidy that they didn't want her to hear what they had been saying. Cassidy seemed perfectly fine now. She did what she usually did, hug Josh, beg not to go to school, and then her mom would give her a granola bar and we would get in the car and go to school.

Once we were in the car I looked at my phone, Alex (my girlfriend) had texted me and asked if I could hang out with her after school. Ugh. I couldn't say no, she wouldn't be too happy with the answer. I texted her back and told her yes. I had band practice with Josh that night but if I told her no she would freak out. She's always mad but I don't have the guts to break up with her. It feels so mean. And also she would be really mad. She's another distraction so that I don't have to be alone. Definitely not my favorite distraction in the world but it works.

I told Josh and he definitely wasn't okay with it. It hurt me to upset Josh. I hated fighting. Especially Josh, who I trusted with my life.