chapter six

*tylers pov*

I woke up and suddenly felt a weight on my chest. I panicked at first, not remembering what had happened last night. I looked down and saw Cassidy peacefully asleep. She was so cute when she was sleeping. Her face was still stained with tears. I could see her bandaged up wrist laying on my chest. I looked over to check the time

8:21. crap.

I gently moved Cassidy off of me sure not to wake her. I slipped out of her bed praying to God that Josh was still asleep on the couch. I didn't know how Josh would react to seeing us sleeping together and I couldn't tell him what actually happened, breaking the trust I had newly gained from Cassidy. I quietly walked down the stairs and turned the corner to see Josh on the couch eating a bowl of captain crunch and watching SpongeBob.

Crap crap crap

I walked in and jumped on the space in the couch next to Josh, hoping he knew or saw nothing.

"Morning" I said then grabbing at my fingers.

"Sup" Josh said then looking at my fingers and back up to me, "what's up with you?"

"Uh what do you mean," I said, acting completely clueless to what he said.

"You're playing with you're fingers. You do that when you're nervous." He said looking up at me.

I looked down at my fingers and quickly stopped, "Oh just uh habit I guess," I said. Josh raised his eyebrows up at me but I quickly got up and made myself a bowl of cereal.

He doesn't know

Just as I poured my milk in my bowl of Captain Crunch, Cassidy entered the room. She was wearing grey baggy sweat pants and a sweatshirt that I have seen Josh wear before, she was clearly covering the bandages. She was staring at me but as soon as she saw me look back at her, she moved her eyes towards Josh.

"Good morning joshy," she said as she walked over to him, sat on the space on the couch where I was sitting before and laid her head on his shoulder.

I needed her to eat breakfast. I was going to help her get better. This couldn't continue to go on. I wondered how long she has lived her life like this, hurting herself daily. How many nights did she have that were like last night that she had to deal with. Alone. I looked down at my bowl of cereal and picked it up and carried it over to Cassidy.

"Here eat this, I decided I wanted a pop tart." I said looking down at her . She looked at me, her expression was a mix of confused and angry. She took the bowl and continued to make the face at me. I ignored it, got a pop tart and plopped down back on the couch but this time next to Cassidy.

We all watched spongebob but out of the corner of my eye I watched Cassidy. It was strange how all these 10 years I never gave a crap about her and now all I seem to be worried about is her. I only saw her take two bites and then she got up and was about to pour the milk in the sink and throw away the cereal.

"Hey Cassidy don't waste it," I said, positive she wasn't going to fight against it with her brother right there. I was right. She looked at me and rolled her eyes looking extremely annoyed. I wasn't really worried about it. I watched her as she slowly eat the cereal. She eventually eat the whole bowl and quickly got up to slip upstairs. I knew what she was going to do, she was going to go throw up the food she ate.

"Uh hey Josh I'm going to go get my phone off the plug," I said distractedly, watching her turn the corner to the stairs.

I quickly walked up the stairs behind her. When she got to the top I grabbed her waist and turned her around to face me. She looked startled when she felt my touch.

A surprised look flashed across her face "Oh my gosh ty-" she said before I cut her off.

"I know what you're going to do and I'm not letting that happen, wether you like it or not." I said.

"I just was going to brush my tee-" she clearly was lying so I cut her off once again.

"Oh really? Well I guess I'll just go grab my phone as you brush your teeth with the door OPEN." I said as I headed forwards Cassidy's room to grab my phone off her night stand, where I left it last night. When I returned she was standing, gripping her blade. I remembered that I accidentally had left it there last night. Idiot move. I quickly reached in front of her face to grab it from her hand. I walked behind her, threw the blade in the toilet, and flushed. I closed the toilet seat, sat down, crossed my legs, and looked up at Cassidy. She had tooth paste foam dripping from her mouth as she rolled her eyes. How do I resist from kissing her right now? Wait what...

"I'm not leaving till you finish," I said.

She spit, wiped her mouth and headed towards her room. I stayed behind to check my phone. Alex had texted me, I looked at the text but ignored her. I had basketball practice at 12:00 so I had to head home. I walked into Cassidy's room where I found her sitting on her bed on her phone. I walked over and swiftly grabbed her phone from her and turned around to make sure she couldn't get it back. I quickly headed to the contacts app, trying to add mine to her phone.

"Hey!" She said as she quickly got up and tried to grab for her phone. Since I was over a foot taller than her, all I did was lift my arms up, still spelling out the word "Tyler". Cassidy jumped up but then winced at the pain in her still tender thighs.

"Just wait a minute" I said to her, still holding my arms above my head.

"What are you doing?" She whined as I finally finished putting in my contact and handing the phone to her.

"Adding my contact to your phone. Text me" I said smirking and quickly exiting the room.