Chapter 23 - I'm married.

*** Baby Aira's Point of View ***

"Sorry Aira." Aaron says to me while we just stared at the beautiful sunset, in front of us.

"Don't worry about it, it's alright Aaron." I sadly reply to him.

"Can I ask you something?" I begin to ask, although I was unsure if he'll say yes. Aaron didn't speak though, all he did was nod at me in reply.

"What are we?" I finally had the courage to ask. It's at least been more than a week after that awkward dinner we had together with Ethan, Cassandra and Anthony but I guess, it was because of Aaron.

After that day happened I unfortunately didn't understand why Aaron, was back? He 'LITERALLY'... Left me without saying a goodbye and now he's back. Unbelievable much.

I just really want to know what Aaron and I are, it's already hard enough for me to know my feelings that I feel for him... But, if all he'll do is run away again like before. I'll just let it be.

Aaron didn't speak to me for a while, he just looked at his hands playing with his fingers. After a few moments he opened his mouth to reply.

"Well, to be honest. I really don't know Aira." He replied, unsure about what to answer to my question. You can't really blame him though, I as well don't know what we are.

"You know that I'm engaged already though, right?" I asked him raising an eyebrow, waiting for him to say he does now that I'm getting married already.

"Unfortunately, yeah. I do know." He says, then grabbing my hand as he intertwined our fingers. While we were still looking at the sunset in front of us.

"Do you even love him?" He begins to ask me. I nod obviously. After all, I do love Ethan and that's the truth.

Even if I lie to Aaron. That... No, I don't love Ethan. I'd just be fooling myself. No matter what words comes out of my mouth, it won't change the fact that I'm engaged and that Aaron and I can never be. Since, we are 'Cousins.'

"How can I not love him, after all he was the one that was there for me... When you left." I say. Letting go of his hand.

You could say that I may sound bitter but hey! It's not my fault. He left me, making me look like a fool waiting for him.

It's been 2 years already and now that he's back... He expects that I'll still be single, like excuse me. No way!! I'm way to beautiful to be waiting for a guy like him.

"I'm sorry Aira, I needed time to think about everything that was happening to the both of us." Aaron says looking down at the ground not wanting to look me in the eyes as he spoke.

"You don't have to say sorry Aaron, it was my fault too that you left anyways. If it wasn't me hurting your heart, you probably wouldn't have left. So I guess, in that process not taking chances we both got hurt." I honestly say. I actually can't blame him after all, I was the one who told him to give me space to think.

However I actually didn't think, that he'll leave me without saying a goodbye for 2 long years. At least because of him leaving me for that long, I ended up meeting Ethan.

"So are you still going to get married?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah, the wedding between Ethan and I are still on." I reply happily. I know that he's probably hurt, hearing me say these words to him but I had to. I have to wake him up into reality that we can never, ever be together.