Chapter 24 - I'm taken.

"Laylah so was there any problems in my company, while I was on vacation?" I asked her, while texting Anthony on the phone.

Anthony and I arrived only yesterday and although we both felt jetlagged to come to work. We both decided to go.

After all we both can't just leave the company and go on vacations all the time.

"Well... There was one problem, the other day but I think it's best that you wont know." Laylah says.

I then stopped texting Anthony and looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Laylah, what's the problem?" I ask curiously, I know that my company is in safe hands and there has never been a problem in my company and I don't want this problem to be the first that I have to deal with.

Before Laylah opened her mouth to speak, she took a deep breath.

"Mrs. Edwards, Jason came to the office yesterday and made a big scene about you." She replied.

"What do you mean, big scene about me?" I asked.

"He told everyone that you are cheating on Mr. Anthony Edwards." She said.

"So... Where is Rowles now?" I asked, if Rowles thinks that he can do whatever he wants. He's obviously wrong. I will never tolerate, the things he says. If he can lie and tell rumors about me, well... It means I can do the same to him. After all I am basically still his boss since he works for Mommy G, A.K.A. My grandmother.

"He's at your grandmothers company, probably working." Laylah answers looking away from me.

"Thank you, you may leave now Laylah. I'll call you if there's anything else I need from you." I say, watching her walk towards the door heading out of my office but before she left she spoke.

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to do something about what had happened when Mr. Rowles was here yesterday." Laylah says sadly at me. Well... Of course I can forgive her, after all no matter how many mistakes Laylah makes.

I know that Laylah will always be there for me, through thick or thin till death do us part she's already like family to me.

"I forgive you Laylah, don't worry about it... Anything which has got to do with Mr. Rowles is nothing. He should have not lied in my company because now that he's done that. There will be a massive consequence to what he has done."

Once Laylah left my office, I decided to call grandmama. Also known as, Mommy G.

After a few rings, I was extremely glad that she finally answered her phone.

"Mommy G, it's me Cassy. Are you busy with anything right now?" I asked her unsure if she was busy or not. After all, although mommy G is old she still has a million dollar running business to deal with.

"I was busy before but not anymore Cassy, why what's wrong?" She asked me.

"There's nothing wrong I'm just glad your not busy anymore mommy G but will it be alright, if I visit you in your company in an hour?" I asked her.

"Sure Cassy. I'll just inform Jason, that your coming here. So at least he can cancel my appointments later." She tells me.

"Wait Mommy G!! Don't tell Rowles Im heading there at your company." I immediately say.

"Why don't you want him to know though Cassy?" She asked.

"It's going to be a surprise mommy G." I tell her.