f o u r

I served the food up on plates and dinner trays so that we could eat the food on our laps without getting it everywhere. I put out two glasses of wine, which we sipped throughout the meal.

"Sorry I don't have anywhere for us to eat yet," I shrugged, sitting down on the sofa beside him as I offered him his plate. He took it, greedily eyeing the food. "But I'm sure you'll appreciate the comfort. D'you wanna watch Netflix?"

Sean started chuckling like a nerd before he muttered, "heh. Netflix and Chill."

"You know, if I wasn't starving, I might just consider it," I winked, nudging him in the ribs and near causing him to choke on his food, but he maintained his cool demeanor.

"Wait, really?" He asked, eyes gleaming.

"Shut up and eat your food, boy," I teased, licking my lips for a short moment before we both tucked into our food. Jack audibly moaned, clearly appreciating the meal that I- erm, Liz -made.

Jack looked at me expectantly before swallowing his food. "I saw someone go over earlier. A girl? Sorry if I'm being nosey, I just- actually, I have no excuse, I'm just nosey."

I smiled and settled my fork down onto my dinner tray. "No, it's fine. That's my friend Liz, she came over to help put pictures up."

"Ah. Makes sense," he nodded, chewing his food. "I don't ever have visitors. It's sad, but I suppose I just don't have many friends. Not in real life, at least."

"What do you mean?" I inquired, looking at him intently. I felt so giddy on the inside, as I had memorised every inch of his being through the internet and he had absolutely no idea that his responses were pointless. I already knew all the answers.

He looked suddenly very flustered and he shuffled in his seat. "Uh... well, you see, my career involves working online with videos as a, um, entertainer and I've made a lot of online friends."

"So... like a YouTuber?" I questioned, finishing my food and settling the empty dish on the coffee table.

"Yeah," he said, somewhat awkwardly. I reached over and placed my hand on his, causing his eyes to immediately go toward the contact of our skin.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, Jack. I think that's an awesome job. Though I don't know much about YouTubers, my friends do, and they seem to love people like you," I told him, lying right through my teeth all while having an innocent, flirtatious smile on my face.

"Oh," he blushed. "Thank you; nobody has ever really reacted that way."

There was silence between us, and I could feel my pulse hissing in my ears as he turned to me slowly, almost as if someone had hit slow-motion. His eyes were so much more blue and ocean-like now that I was looking at them in real life rather than through a screen though my desperate, silent plea for his touch raking at the inside of my chest caused me to ignore those beautiful orbs and focus on his lips instead.

The soft touch of my hand against his tightened as I sucked in a breath and moved forwards, and his eyes shut as he followed my lead and pressed his lips forwards. When the contact was made, I saw white flashes on the inside of my eyelids and my hand instinctively moved up to his neck.

I pushed the plate off of his lap and moved myself over him, and he let out a muted grunt against my lips in response before I snapped our lips away and caught my breath. His eyes were widened, his cheeks were flushed and his lips looked a little redder, and the corners of his mouth quirked into a smirk.

"Eager, huh?" He teased, and I burst into laughter before burying my forehead against his chest.

"Way to ruin the mood, dork. Have you finished eating?" I asked, pressing my hands to his chest. He nodded.

"Yeah, thanks," he grinned. "It was s'awesome."

I pressed a kiss to his cheek, hitting the corner of his lips before moving off of his lap and scooping up the plate and dumping it into the sink. I felt Jack's arms wrap around my waist from behind and I felt the warmth of his breath against my neck, and I tilted my head to the side and sighed, closing my eyes to relish in the sensation.

"You know," he mumbled, lips brushing my skin. "I've never moved that fast with someone. Usually I've taken them out to dinner before we kiss."

"Hmm," I muttered. "Are you calling me easy?"

"No," Jack lowered his voice, giving it that sound whenever he moves the mic really close to his lips. "Confident, though. I like it. I like you,"

I smirked, turning around in his arms and running a hand over his hair just above his ear. "I like you, too."

Sean leaned forwards again, capturing my lips with his own as I turned my head and moved against him, pressing my hips further against his and hooking one of my legs around his own.

However, we were cut short when I felt something hard against my thigh and he pulled away with an awkward cough.

"Ah- sorry, I didn't mean for that to- it's just we were kinda getting close and-"

I grabbed him by his shirt and held him against me, smashing my lips against his own for them to meet in a symphony that made fireworks explode behind my eyelids. Pulling away, I winked at him and hooked my fingers into the belt loops of his jeans, tugging him toward the stairs. Once he got the idea, he became noticeably more nervous and flushed, but excited- I mean, you wouldn't have to look twice to notice that -and he followed me up the stairs eagerly.

Once we made it up to my room, we were against each other again, our tongues exploring each others mouths as we slammed the door shut behind us and Sean pressed me against it.

It wasn't long until we were both bare and our arms and legs had tangled in a mess under the sheets, and the temperature of the room increased considerably.