t w e n t y

t w e n t y

I stood, legs spread into a powerful stance, my chest heaving as my blood-drenched fur coat stuck to my skin. Signe lay in a tangled, bloodied mess before me, her chest having been impaled. Her body twitched, her lungs gasping for pathetic breaths until she suddenly became still; her worthless fight for life eventually giving out from underneath her.

Pressing my hand against my belly, I choked out another sob before I brushed away my tears and reached for her back pocket, revealing her untouched, strain free phone. Grasping her thumb, I pressed it to the home button and unlocked it. 

Signe: tell Jack I don't feel well and I've gone home. 

I then turned back to Jack's phone, my body shaking before I paused, teary-eyed, and began laughing hysterically. 

"I did this for you," I claimed, halting my laughter as a smile remained twitching on my lips. "I love you and our baby so much. We'll be so happy together, I promise."

Reaching for his phone, I then cut the recording. Glancing at Signe's phone, I noticed that Mark had replied.

Mark: okay.

Then, on my mobile, I was receiving an incoming call from him. Answering, I sniffled away my tears and prepped myself.

"Is it done?" He asked.

"It's done," I responded. "Let's get out of here."

Ending the call, I stomped out of the room, straight-faced, and threw the sticky-with-blood coat into the arms of the bodyguard. He gave me a look of distress, and I stared him down.

"Clean up the mess and I'll put three million into your bank account," I told him, eyeing him steadily. His distressed expression melted, and he requested instant cash. Transferring the money, he nodded and moved aside.

* * *

Once I stepped foot back into the hotel, I requested that Jack go and pick up some food for me. He'd obliged, kissing my cheek, leaving a stinging sensation on my skin as I smiled and shut the hotel door. I download the video to my laptop, his laptop, the iPads, and displayed it on every screen and played it on every speaker, letting it play in a loop. I sat on the bed, eyes wide.

Once Jack returned, I paused it. He frowned at the screens, looking baffled at the sight.

"What's this?" He questioned nervously, placing Chinese food down onto the bed. My appetite squeezed even smaller at the sight of food and I suddenly felt extremely nauseous. 

"There's something you need to know, Jack," I turned to our door, opening it to reveal Mark who stepped in with a small smile, locking the door behind us. Sean suddenly looked almost frantic with worry as he froze, paling.

"What's going on, guys?"

"I have something to tell you, Jack," I turned to Mark. "I know what you've done behind my back."

He swallowed. "I haven't done anything behind your back."

I let out a choked laugh. "Don't lie to me, Jack. You slept with Signe."

Jack's gaze turned steady. "No, I have not. She and I are friends, Bryony."

"Don't lie to me, Jack," I bit down on the inside of my cheek. "She told me everything. I saw all the texts about how good the nights were, how you shouldn't do it behind my back,"