Chapter 2

"Can I um...help you...?" the boy said confused. I cleared my throat nervously and nodded.
"I'm uh, the um...New neighbor," I said shyly. He nodded awkwardly.
"My name's Phil," he said a bit more conifidently. Not much, but enough.
"I'm um...My name is y/n," I responded quietly.
"Cool," Phil replied. We stood there in awkward silence.
"So, I'm just gonna goooo," I said. I turned around and smacked straight into someone.
"Sorry!" I exclaimed.
"Oh my god, I'm so so so sorry," I apologized but it was shooed away.
"Ugh," the boy said.
"Dan! Don't be rude!" Phil exclaimed, running over to help the boy up.
"Sorry," said the boy I had bumped into. I stood up and pushed the hair out of my face.
"Dont be," I said, attempting to be sincere. I turned on my heel and went back to my own flat. Dad and Sam were sitting on the floor doing whatever.
"Did you meet the neighbors?" Dad asked. I nodded.
"How were they?" he asked. I shrugged.
"Okay, I guess. Hey, which one's my room?" I asked.
"Down the hall, second on the left," Dad said. I nodded and headed for that direction after grabbing my bag from the ground. I opened the door and then closed it behind me. Sighing, I sat on the ground and unzipped it. I pulled out my charger and crawled over to an outlet. After a couple minutes, my phone turned on.
"Damn, no wifi yet," I muttered. There was one open internet connection titled, "BigBangTheoryHaHaReferences"
"I wonder..." I said aloud. I typed in, "Pennygetyourownwifi" no spaces of course. I was logged in.
"Nice." I scrolled through tumblr and heard a knock at the door.
"Come in," Il called. The door creaked open and Sam came barreling in with a box in his arms.
"Dad told me to give this to you. Also, get your suitcase out of the living room," he threw the box on the floor. I nodded and went back to scrolling. Sam turned on his heels and walked out.
"Sam!" I yelled.
"What?" he asked, popping his head back into my room.
"Close the god damn door," I smirked. He gave me a toothy grin and slammed my door shut. Ah yes, references are such glorious things. I'll get the suitcase later, it's not important right now.
A little while later, there was a soft knock at my door.
"Come in," I shouted. Dad strolled in, my suitcase in tow.
"Here," he said, propping it up against the wall.
"We're going to set up your air matress later. Meanwhile, tomorrow we have a meeting with a principle," he explained. I looked up.
"Principle?" I questioned, groaning. Dad nodded.
"Oh ok," I responded quietly.
"I was thinking of going out to dinner tonight?" Dad said as more of a question than a statement. I shrugged.
"Sure," I said. He smiled.
"I looked up a couple of places nearby. It seems that there's a little Chinese place up the road within walking distance," he said. I stood up and attracted my arms up.
"Okay let me find some better clothes," I nudged Dad out and closed the door.
"Be ready in 10, y/n!" he called. I decided on black jeans, converse, a navy blue Crown the Empire (they're a band, look em up, peasants) shirt with a black, long sleeved undershirt. I managed to give myself semi-equal eyeliner. But not really. Meh.

I stepped out to see Dad and Sam waiting by the door

I stepped out to see Dad and Sam waiting by the door. I subconsciously pulled down my sleeves and waited for someone to say something.
"We all ready?" Dad asked, looking up. Sam and I nodded simultaneously and we all headed off.

Yeah this chapter is short but whatever. What'd ya think? Sorry I'm not editing this. Apologies for any errors. 👍 K bai