Chapter 16

Okay I'm sorry I know you probably don't want the story to go this way but this is a trigger warning I'm sorry don't hate me I love you here have a cookie

"Y/n, I can tell that you're hiding something," Dan said. He looked at you.
"Dan, I'm not hiding anything," you lied. You looked down, but Dan lifted your chin so you were looking at him.
"It's awfully hot out right now," he said.
"Yeah well, this is thin material so I'm fine," you said. This was also a lie.
"I beg to differ," Dan said. He placed his hand on your shoulder.
"Y/n, I can tell you're lying to me," He whispered. You sighed.
"I guess....I guess since you told me your secret then...I guess I'll have....I guess I'll have to tell you mine," you responded with a shaky breath.
"Y/n, it'll be our secret," Dan whispered. You nodded and looked down. You rolled up your sleeves as slowly as you could.
"I'm sorry," you whispered shakily. A tear rolled down your face slowly.
"Y/n..." Dan said softly.
"Hmm?" you managed to squeak. You pulled your arms away and turned away from Dan.
"Why?" he asked. You pulled your knees up and wrapped your arms around them. You didn't answer. Dan stood up and walked over so he was in front of you.
"Let me see your arms," he said. You shook your head.
"Y/n, this doesn't change how I feel about you at all," Dan said. You looked up at him and held out your scar-filled arms. Dan took your arms and kissed them. Your eyes widened, obviously shocked.
"Wh-Why?" you asked.
"Because, I truly care about you. And I want to know why these scars are on your beautiful body so I can help," He said.
"After my mom abandoned us, it...It messed me up. It's like...It's like a burning feeling in the pit of my stomache and I hate it. The only time the burning feeling goes away is when...You know, I cut," you whispered the last sentence. Dan got up and walked back to his chair.
"Y/n, come here," he said, holding his arms out. You stood up and wiped away a few more tears that escaped your e/c eyes. You rushed over to Dan and sat in his lap, facing him. You hugged him as tight as you could and started to sob.
"Why are you crying?" He asked softly as he hugged you back. You buried your head into his neck.
"Because, you're the only one who knows, and it feels so good to tell someone," you whispered. He rubbed circles around your back and pulled you close.
"Y/n, I want you to stop," he said. You pulled back and looked at him.
"Dan it's....It isn't that simple," you said, biting your lip nervously.
"Whenever you want to, think of me. Now I know that sounds weird, but you are too beautiful for this. You're an amazing person who should never do this to yourself, understand?" Dan said, looking into your e/c eyes. You nodded and hugged him again.

***

You woke up to an unnecessarily bright light. You yawned and sat up. The duck am I...? you wondered. The events of last night replayed in your head. Oh... You turned your head to see Dan drooling a bit as his head was leaned back.
"Dan? Dan wake up," you whispered, poking his nose. He srunched it up.
"Uhhnnn," he groaned. You rolled your eyes and tried to stand up. You had fallen asleep in Dan's lap. As you pushed off of the chair, a pair of arms wrapped around you and pulled you back.
"No," Dan muttered.
"Dan we have to get up," you said.
"Nooooo," he muttered again. You sighed.
"Dan do you remember last night?" you asked. He shrugged.
"Tired," he muttered.
"Wake up, you idiot," you said, slapping his shoulder. His head bolted up.
"Oww," he whined. He rubbed the side of my neck.
"Y/n, are we still going on that date when this vacation is over?" he asked, rubbing his eyes. You patted his head.
"Of course," you said. You giggled at the sight of his hair. It was...interesting.
"Don't laugh at my hobbut hair," he said.
"I like it though," you said, twirling a section in your fingers.
"What time is it?" Dan asked. You stood up and walked over to the table to click on your phone.
"7:49," you stated.
"Let's go back to sleep," Dan groaned as he curled up on the chair.
"Okay, well I'm going to go get something to eat since I'm already awake," you said as you walked to the door.
"Wait I want food too," Dan said as he reluctantly stood up.
"Maltesers?" you guessed.
"Maltesers," he said. The two of you walked to the kitchen and opened the pantry.
"Boo," Dan said groggily as he wrapped his arms around your waist.
"Boo," you said, not really reacting to the notion. He rested his chin on the top of your head.
"Dan I can't find the Maltesers," you said. You could feel him freak out.
"You're lying," he said, worriedly.
"You're right," you said, holding a bag of Maltesers above your head.
"Yay!" Dan yelled, as he grabbed the bag.

Okay yeah so fictional you self harms. I know, right? Yeah I'm sorry. Maybe. It's just easier to write about it than talk about it. So I put it into my fanfics. I love you all.