{1}

Iwaizumi led Oikawa to the sofa and they both sat down.

Oikawa once again stared into the distance. It will take a while till Iwaizumi gets used to it.

"I'm Iwaizumi Hajime, I hope we will get along well" Iwaizumi said as he placed his hand on Oikawa's shoulder.

Oikawa turned his head to Iwaizumi's direction.

"I'm Oikawa Tooru and I know we will get along" he smiled.

Iwaizumi couldn't help, but feel sorry for the boy.

"Tell me a bit more about yourself, Oikawa" Iwaizumi shuffled a little bit, till he found a more comfortable position.

"Do you promise to tell me about yourself too?"

"Ofcourse I promise"

"Well, I'm 19 now. I like listening to music a lot. I also like being in the nature. My favorite smell is raspberry and my favorite food is milk bread... And.. I have been blind for as long as I can remember.." Oikawa frowned a little bit, before smiling again.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you now. I'm 21 years old. I like drawing and cooking. I don't really have any dreams. All I want is a simple life"

"Iwaizumi, could you tell me why my parents left?"

Iwaizumi didn't want to hide the truth, but then again, the truth might hurt Oikawa.

"They flew to another country due to jobs that pay good. And while they are gone, I am here"

Oikawa's expression was unreadable. But he didn't seem sad.

"Tell me, Iwaizumi, why did you agree to take care of me?"

Iwaizumi's breathing stopped for a minute.

Why exactly did he agree?

"Well.. I guess I felt like you, someone who can't see, needs someone to take care of you. And I wanted to be that person. I never really had anyone like that, so this would be a great experience for me too. Plus, when I called for details, your mother said that I am the first one to call and that she has been waiting for 2 months. I guess, I just couldn't refuse"

Iwaizumi watched as Oikawa slowly lifted up his hand.

"Could you put my hand where your heart is?" he suddenly asked.

Iwaizumi took his hand, pressing his palm to his chest.
Oikawa smiled.

"You have a big heart. You have a warm atmosphere. Thank you, Iwaizumi"

They stayed like this a little longer.

Iwaizumi couldn't help, but admire how good Oikawa looked.

Even though he was blind, he still tried to keep his body in shape. He wasn't exactly muscular, he was thin and pale. His messy brown hair looked very soft and Iwaizumi had an urge to run his hands through it. He had very long eyelashes. His skin looked smooth and his collarbones were visible.

But the most outstanding feature was his bright grey eyes. He stared into nothing and Iwaizumi couldn't help but think - how does Oikawa imagine the world?

"Hey, Oikawa.." he said.

"Yeah?"

"I know that I might sound very weird now, but is there anything you want to see in the world?"

Oikawa, with his palm still pressed to Iwaizumi's chest, feeling his heartbeat, closed his eyes.

"No. There is nothing that I want to see. Everyday I hear something bad about what's happening and I just don't want to see it. I can't see all the pain that people are going through too... I'm not saying that I am happy that I am blind, but it's not that bad."

Iwaizumi was a bit shocked. He didn't have anything that he wanted to see?

"Not to ruin the mood, but I am hungry" Suddenly Oikawa said. Iwaizumi stood up and took Oikawa's hand.

"Have you ever touched food products before?"

"Not really. My mom did everything."

Iwaizumi led Oikawa to the kitchen, he helped him sit down.

"What do you want to eat?"
Iwaizumi asked. Oikawa thought for a little bit before saying that he wants some chicken and fries.

Iwaizumi found the products quickly and started cooking.

After realizing that Oikawa was still sitting there he took an apple and rolled it to Oikawa. He reacted to the sound and somehow caught the apple.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Try to guess"

Oikawa lifted the apple up to his nose, inhaling deeply.

"Smells familiar..." he said as he tried to squeeze it.

After a couple of minutes he gasped.

"It's an apple, isn't it?"

"It is" Iwaizumi felt his heart skip a beat when he saw that 19 year old smile like an idiot once he knew he was right. Truly, a heartwarming sight.

~~~

After dinner Oikawa was led to his room by Iwaizumi. Oikawa's room was... Practically empty. There was a bed, a closet, a lamp and a window seat.

"Iwaizumi.. Could you tell me how the color red looks like? Oikawa suddenly said.

"Red, huh. Well imagine a color that looks like heat, I guess. Like when you are in the shower, try imagining the color of hot water"

"Sounds...weird.. But I think can imagine it"

"You'll see it one day"

---

Hope you enjoyed!
Honestly, I really like writing this so yeah.
-Hatari