{2}

Iwaizumi woke up to a weird sound coming from the hallway.
He slowly got up and opened the door.

Oikawa was lying on the floor.

"....I wanted to wake you up ...." he mumbled.

"You are a dumbass" Iwaizumi said as he picked Oikawa up and carried him to his room. He put him gently on his bed and smiled at the younger boy. Jeez, he was adorable.

"Are you not wearing a shirt?" Oikawa asked as he reached out for Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi giggled before taking Oikawa's hand and pressing his palm to his cheek.

"I won't tell you" he said. He watched as Oikawa's fingers traveled across his jawline. His touch was soft.

"You have a really sharp jawline" Oikawa couldn't help, but smile. It's been a while since someone let him touch them.

Iwaizumi finally moved away, leaving Oikawa on his bed. He took one of his favorite t-shirts and put it on.

He kept thinking about Oikawa when it hit him.

"Hey, Oikawa..."

"Hmm?"

"How do you shower or take baths?"

"My mom used to help me.."

Iwaizumi felt the heat rushing to his cheeks. He knew that he will have to help, but still..

"..I guess I will have to do it myself somehow..." Oikawa looked down, but Iwaizumi let out a sigh and walked over to him.

"I told you that I am here. I will help you with anything"

Oikawa looked at the direction where Iwaizumi's voice was coming from and blushed a lil bit.

"But for now, let's go and eat" Iwaizumi helped Oikawa stand up and led him downstairs. Slowly and steadily.

As soon as Oikawa sat down at the table, Iwaizumi started cooking. The house filled with a sweet aroma.

Oikawa loved this smell, but he never really knew what it was.

"Iwaizumi... What kind of smell is this?" he asked. He heard Iwaizumi put something in the table.

"It's vanilla"

All this was so new to Iwaizumi. Taking care of a blind person was harder than he thought, but he couldn't not help. Oikawa was a person that Iwaizumi felt like he needed to be protected from all the bad things in the world.

He helped Oikawa eat his pancakes before leading him back to his room.

"What do you do all day?" he asked.

"I usually would just be in my room, sitting and thinking" Oikawa frowned a little bit. He felt Iwaizumi get off the bed. He heard him walk somewhere, but he came back quickly. The next thing he knew was that Iwaizumi took his hands and put it on something. It felt weird. Oikawa took the object into his hands and smelled it. It had a very nice and comforting scent.

"What is this?" Oikawa asked, he still couldn't understand what he was holding. It was heavy and hard.

Iwaizumi took it from his hands and soon Oikawa heard a weird sound. Paper.

"It's a book, right?" Oikawa reached out and felt his finger tips touch paper. He could feel the letters on it, but he couldn't understand them.

"That's right. It's one of my favorite books" Iwaizumi looked at the book in his hands. He looked as Oikawa's fingertips slowly traveled across the page.

"Could you read it to me?"

"Ofcourse" Iwaizumi sat down beside Oikawa and opened the random page in the book.

"Out of the dark we came, into the dark we go. Like a storm-driven bird at night we fly out of the Nowhere ; for a moment our wings are seen in the light of the fire, and, lo ! we are gone again into the Nowhere. Life is nothing. Life is all. It is the Hand with which we hold off Death"

"More.. Could you read more?" Oikawa asked. He could feel Iwaizumi's shoulder, so he took the opportunity and put his head on his shoulder.

"Here in my own hand was a rude pen with which he had written them, and about his neck hung the crucifix that his dying lips had kissed. Gazing at him, my imagination could reconstruct the last scene of the drama, the traveller dying out of cold and starvation, yet striving to convey to the world the great secret which he had discovered.."

"Your voice calms me down" Oikawa suddenly said. Iwaizumi could feel Oikawa's hair touching his neck. Just as he said. It was soft.

"Well, I'm glad" Iwaizumi ruffled his hair and smiled. So adorable.

"I want to know more about you" Oikawa closed his eyes and waited for the answer to his sentence.

"What exactly do you want to know?" Iwaizumi asked, he wasn't sure what to tell him.

"Why are you so nice to me?"

....

"Since I was little everybody said that I was too nice. I would help anybody, I would bring injured animals home. But, that's just who I am. You are a damaged human being and I feel like I want to help you, I feel like I want to protect you..." he heard Oikawa sniff beside him. He looked as a single tear rolled down.

"...no one ever said that they want to protect me.. I'm sorry, I get emotional sometimes" Oikawa felt Iwaizumi wipe his tear away.

Words couldn't express how happy Oikawa was.

~~~

"It's time, Oikawa" Iwaizumi said as he started leading Oikawa somewhere.

"Time for what?"

"For a bath ofcourse!"

Iwaizumi led Oikawa to the bathroom and let the water run. He added some soap so Oikawa could have a bubbly bath.

"I would like a little help here" he heard Oikawa say. As he turned to him, he saw him struggling to take off his pants. Iwaizumi walked over to him, helping him undress. His skin was very smooth and pale.

Iwaizumi froze a little bit when he realized that Oikawa has to take his boxers off.

"I can take them off myself, just lead me to the bath" Iwaizumi helped Oikawa walk to the bath, and just before getting in Oikawa fully undressed. He hid in the bubbles.

Gosh, he looked adorable. He tried grabbing the bubbles, but they would just disappear in his hand.

"What.. What is this, oh my god..." Oikawa said in disbelief.

"Have you never had a bubble bath before?" Iwaizumi said as he sat down on the little chair beside the bath.

"Bubble bath? I don't think so" Oikawa tried grabbing the bubbles again.

"You silly, you can't grab them. Try scooping them with your hand" and Oikawa did. A smile formed on his face when he felt something light and soft in his hand.

He giggled and inhaled deeply.

"Smells so nice.. This is so nice"

----

Fluff..
Hope you enjoyed!
The book that Iwaizumi was reading is "King Solomon's Mines" by H. Rider Haggard.
First paragraph was from Chapter V "Our March Into the Desert"

And the second one was from Chapter VII "Solomon's Road"
Ahh this is cute, it'd be sad if something were to happen to them 😌😌
-hatari