14: All American Girl

Emily's POV

"Thanks for letting me use the place," I say as Hunter and I were unloading the truck.

"No problem," he says grabbing another box of food, "thanks for allowing my whole family to be here."

"I thought it'd be fun to have them here, after all it's their place," I say.

"Well it's technically my grandparents," he says as we walk up to the picnic tables.

"Either way thank you," I say as we set the boxes down.

"Good lord how many people are coming?" Hunter's Dad says looking at the multiple boxes of food displayed around the picnic tables.

"Um, my family which is 4, Josh, Jen's brothers and family, making 12, grandparents, 16, Taylor's parents and aunt, 19, you guys, 24, a few from the hunger games, 27, um who else did I forget?" I list off the people I can remember.

"Um, X-men?" He says.

"No, speaking of which subtract Jen from that list I just remember she's out of town today," I say.

"Where?" Hunter asks.

"England. So Austin and Claire are at home with Taylor and my cousins, while we set up," I say. Skylar was going in to 5th grade, Taylor and Cody to kindergarten, and Andrew is barely two.

"So me, you and Josh are setting up for about thirty people?" Hunter says.

"No, my aunts and uncles and grandparents are coming," I say.

"Oh that's better," he says.

"Sorry to interrupt but Faith's throwing a fit inside," Hunter's sister Harper says.

"Oh thanks, Hunter I'll be right back," I say hurrying towards the house after Harper.

Hunter's POV

After Emily leaves I take a seat next to my dad.

"You like her?" He asks.

"Yeah," I sigh.

"Does she like you?" He asks.

"It's complicated. Her past at the foster homes scared her. She's scared to kiss someone or every be more associated than friends," I explain.

"Maybe you could help her," he says.

"Yeah, what do you think of her?" I ask.

"I like her. She's nice, except the baby part. She's perfect," Dad says.

"Dad, Faith is amazing. Emily worked her butt off for her. And just cause Emily has a kid doesn't make her a bad person," I say.

"No, it doesn't but if you become her boyfriend you're like the Dad of the kid," Dad says.

"Dad, don't. Emily cares a lot about Faith, she is a great mother. And I care enough about them both to support whatever happens regardless if I'm a father or not," I say.